Author Topic: HOBIN HILL  (Read 6192 times)

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: HOBIN HILL
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2011, 10:06:50 PM »
Hi Bill

Welcome to the forum, the only photo I have of Trevor St is this one of the junction with Mount St.

Phil

Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Anne from Stirchley

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2011, 08:25:32 PM »
It's finally dawned on me why these streets look so bleak - there are no trees. See Phil's photo in reply #7, for example.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 08:45:37 PM »
Anne

The only trees in slum areas were in the parks and they were few and far between and most of them were only black ash covered playgrounds.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Anne from Stirchley

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 08:59:00 PM »
Phil, that's true, but if you look at some of your photos from the Streets thread, even downtown (Corporation Street, for example) there are hardly any trees. Maybe that is changed now.

snuuker

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2011, 09:28:41 PM »
hi phil re: this photo we moved into 2back of 38 trevor opposite the emty pub about 1966. the shop in the photo was a bookies then. 
Hi Bill

Welcome to the forum, the only photo I have of Trevor St is this one of the junction with Mount St.

Phil

vauxonion

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2011, 10:20:45 PM »
It's finally dawned on me why these streets look so bleak - there are no trees. See Phil's photo in reply #7, for example.

Anne this I think is what made our area of the city so depressing house upon house with back houses but no trees or grass to be seen even our park on the Vauxhall road had neither. Dek

planetmalc

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2011, 02:41:32 PM »
Phil, that's true, but if you look at some of your photos from the Streets thread, even downtown (Corporation Street, for example) there are hardly any trees. Maybe that is changed now.

Trees in inner city streets seem to have appeared 1900-ish.       In town, High Street had trees when we were kids.
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

Anne from Stirchley

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2011, 08:06:38 PM »

Anne this I think is what made our area of the city so depressing house upon house with back houses but no trees or grass to be seen even our park on the Vauxhall road had neither. Dek

Dek, it is depressing to see streets without trees. Not only are they beautiful to look at, but they absorb carbon monoxide and dust and dirt, not to mention providing shade.

vauxonion

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2011, 09:21:19 PM »
Hi Anne here,s a photo taken from Lewis,s roof a couple of weeks ago looking down Corporation St towards New St notice the greenery and on the wall of Rachams it,s Logo of yesteryear.It,s not all bad up here somethings have changed for the better. Dek

Anne from Stirchley

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2011, 09:38:54 PM »
Dek, nice photo. For some reason I thought Lewis's didn't exist now?

vauxonion

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2011, 10:01:03 PM »
Sorry Anne I mentioned Lewis,s because everyone new it.The building is still there and has been split into two Priory Court and Temple Court they are now part of the Law Courts.I was there in my position as an electrical engineer.Dek

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy