Author Topic: Triangle cinema  (Read 26003 times)

rwmcgowan

Re: Triangle cinema
« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2009, 08:23:59 PM »
to john 2000,
                      the last photo of the luxor and the tram, taken from outside the bank opposite the "wallace " pub ,one of our friends was ronnie tipping, whose parents ran the pub ,ilearned my snooker there , you should also recognise pinnicks and fosters the wine shop, from what ive read  on this forum your knowledge of balsall heath is much greater than mine, mine is the immediate area of balsall heath road itself , the only shops i could name in longmore street, are pinnicks , peacocks , and oswald baileys where we bought ex army whip aerials to make into fishing rods  out of the area cou ld only name a handful ,although idid meet "ivor sampson " out of mary street " some time in the late 50s, it was at "abingdon" he was in the parachute regiment ,dont know whether anybody remembers him, any way hope this picture is better , rwm.

john2000

« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2009, 09:10:53 PM »
See that step outside Fosters wine shop, if I have'nt fell over it once I've fell over it a dozern, great photo, it shows when you get too old you dont remember, it was the trams, I never thought they ran past the Luxor,
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

rwmcgowan

« Reply #79 on: August 21, 2009, 09:22:37 PM »
glad you like it john, once saw val farmer , whose parents ran the chocolate box, in clevedon road ,people used to buy sweets before going into the cinema.rwm

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy