Author Topic: Birchfield Road school Perry Barr  (Read 10797 times)

norman ward

Birchfield Road school Perry Barr
« on: July 21, 2013, 06:19:51 PM »
Is there anyone out there who would wish to share memories of the 1950s who attended Birchfield Road school around those years or lived in Perry Barr as I would love to hear from you.

Brian Nicholls

Re: Birchfield Road school Perry Barr
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 02:02:42 PM »
Hello Norman,

Brian Nicholls formerly of Wilnecote Grove. We were in the same clss together (Mr Bowsher) and were fans of Sturmy Archer gears.

Brian Nicholls.

planetmalc

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 04:32:33 PM »
Hello Norman,

Brian Nicholls formerly of Wilnecote Grove. We were in the same clss together (Mr Bowsher) and were fans of Sturmy Archer gears.

Brian Nicholls.

Modern Sturmey Archer gears are now made by the Chinese  -  most are good but some have been a right bag of nails. :-\
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

Johnny

Re: Birchfield Road school Perry Barr 1957-1963
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 07:48:47 PM »
Is there anyone outthere who attended Brichfield Road Secondary School during 1957 to 1963. I cannot remember all the names but one does come to mind, his name was Brian Marchall. The deputy Head was Mr Smith. One of the main teachers was Mr Taylor, who was a very big man. There was a teacher with a nickname of "Hairy Nose Dixon" I lived on Victoria Road Aston.
If there is anyone who remembers these and attended during these dates?
Dave Johnston

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2016, 08:20:00 PM »
Hi Johnny

Welcome to the forum, this post is a couple of years old now so you might not get any replies, though older threads have suddenly sprung into life after lying dormant for a while so best of luck in your enquiry.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

gnc

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 11:29:43 AM »
hello, i went there from 63 till it closed. dont remember much.  was mr taylor the music teacher.

Brian Pike

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 11:08:19 PM »
hello, i went there from 63 till it closed. dont remember much.  was mr taylor the music teacher.

Brian Pike

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2018, 11:10:26 PM »
 i was there from 62 to 65
Until it closed

norman ward

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2018, 12:56:08 PM »
I was there from 1950 to 1960  Our music teacher was a Mr Lowe. We had two woodwork teachers namely Mr Roberts and Mr Griffiths. A Mr Jarrett was the in charge of the "Printing Press" but Mr Taylor I remember as more of a history type of teacher, and not many of us liked him very much as he could change his personality at a drop of a hat! Mr Whittaker was the headmaster.

larry wright

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2018, 02:22:31 PM »
I was at Birchfield Rd from 1953 till 1963, I remember all those teachers including Mr Jones and McLaughlin. I won the Birmingham schools chess in 63. Still good friends with Albert Chapman and Sid Collins. I spent allot of time with Tony Io mi ( Ike ) and Ozzy

Alan John Humpage

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2019, 01:27:43 AM »
Im Alan Humpage and I went to birchfeild senior school from 1957 to 1961.. MR FAT TAYLOR made my life a misery! I sympathise with anyone else who he picked on. Infact, I told my daughter recently about school life and she was that mad about some of the things us kids had to endure she typed it in google and manager to find this website! I'm still friends with Johnny Charles but he was in a different class to me. I lived in the back to back houses 1/64 High st Aston. My junior school was Albert Road. I worked at izons chemist on a Saturday morning when I was 13 too. Im 76 and I guess we're all getting on a bit so If anyone wants to get intouch it would be great to reminisce over our youthful days! Alan Humpage

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy