Author Topic: Oaklands Residential Nursery, Droitwich  (Read 3108 times)

Brummie58

Oaklands Residential Nursery, Droitwich
« on: August 15, 2013, 01:17:24 AM »
Does anyone have any information about the Oaklands nursery? I was a resident there from the age of 21/2 until I was 5 (the age at which you had to leave) I have some memories but would love to connect with someone who was there during 1940-1945 ish. Also, just want to let you know how much I enjoy your Forum, it brings back so many memories.

pickard.r

Re: Oaklands Residential Nursery, Droitwich
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 06:10:27 PM »
Hi brummie58
Welcome to the Forum, I lived & worked In Droitwich in the 80's & a lot of locals spoke of the Oaklands with great fondness although I think it has either been knocked down by now or converted into flats.....
I found this on line, I hope It helps.
http://who-remembers-me.com/profile/Establishment/264604/oaklands_nursery_droitwich.html

Bobby

You can lead a horse to water but, a pencil must be lead.

Brummie58

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 03:45:06 AM »
Hello,
Thank you for your reply. I actually went looking for the home a few years ago and found that houses had been built on the property, but the huge tree that was  on the lawn, was still there. I have pictures taken under that tree, along with other children. I was hoping that someone who attended during the war would help reinforce some of the vague memories that I have.

James-Paul Orr-Easdon

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 05:26:30 PM »
I was in Oaklands Nursery in the 60's  I have great loving memories of being there. Mrs Temple or Semple was in charch, and I was with the older group of children, left there when I was about 5. moved to Middleton Hall Rd Birmingham. Anyone else there at the same time?. I have photos of me with others there, my fave staff was Olive who moved with staff to Portsmouth. I loved being in the kitchen watching the cook and 'helping out, I remember the times so well. love to visit the place again :)

Broadheath

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 04:51:32 PM »
Hi all,

I was at Oaklands from 1956 to 63. So I was older than five when I left. Sadly my experiences were not that good to be honest. At that time the lady in charge was Matron Jutton. I have pictures of the home and some of the children there at the time, given to me by the husband of a member of staff there many years later, who dearly loved her charges.  She was a student nurse at that time. Miss Smith.

I remember the old tree too!  I returned there with a film crew a few years ago. The picture I have also includes the laundry building if anyone remembers it.

Anyone there during my time might be in one of my photos I have.  I have names of all the children in them.

scarlett13uk

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2018, 02:03:40 PM »
Hi I was at Oakland’s Children’s Home, Droitwich between 1958-1960 I would love to hear from anyone else who was there and love to see any pics of Oaklands
Regards
Margaret

Christine Gourlay

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2020, 12:23:12 PM »
Hi, I was at The Oakland's Children's Home from 1957/8 -1960 . I have just found this site, I can't remember a lot about the time i was there, i would love to here from anyone and see any photo's.
Christine Gourlay.

scarlett13uk

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2020, 03:52:38 PM »
Hi Christine
My name is Margaret and we must have been at the home at the same time
I was adopted to a lovely family xx

Broadheath

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2021, 02:15:58 PM »
Hi all,

I was at Oaklands from 1956 to 63. So I was older than five when I left. Sadly my experiences were not that good to be honest. At that time the lady in charge was Matron Jutton. I have pictures of the home and some of the children there at the time, given to me by the husband of a member of staff there many years later, who dearly loved her charges.  She was a student nurse at that time. Miss Smith.

I remember the old tree too!  I returned there with a film crew a few years ago. The picture I have also includes the laundry building if anyone remembers it.

Anyone there during my time might be in one of my photos I have.  I have names of all the children in them.

Broadheath

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2021, 02:17:23 PM »
Posting some pics I have of Oaklands.  So first one is just before it was demolished.  Second is of the Laundry room.

Broadheath

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2021, 02:18:00 PM »
This one is way back of the home! Not sure of date

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy