Author Topic: Birmingham in film and TV  (Read 22130 times)

Coastal

Re: Birmingham in film and TV
« Reply #110 on: November 05, 2015, 09:22:07 PM »
I have read "roughly" all the post on this subject and i apologise if i am repeating what's already been said, but i am sure some of Dalziel and Pascoe was shot in Brum, I know one episode was filmed in The Bell Inn, Tanworth in Arden, and around that time I saw Colin Buchanan (Pascoe) walking down New Street.  TV series Survivors with Julie Graham and Max Beesley, series two city shots were filmed in Birmingham, Hill Street and I believe the old Central Fire Station to name but two locations.
📷 My photos on Flickr 📷 https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]

✳ Don't be fooled by my grumpy manner ..... in reality I'm just obnoxious ✳

Phil

• Global Moderator
« Reply #111 on: November 05, 2015, 09:41:12 PM »
Though set in Yorkshire a lot of Dalziel & Pascoe was shot in and around Birmingham, I myself would say most of it. Some locations used were Rowheath Pavilion, The City Hospital Mortuary, Birmingham University, Solihull Hospital, the Fox Hollies pub Acocks Green, Jenkins Street Community Centre, Moseley Rd Baths, and many street locations.
Make Love Not War

Coastal

« Reply #112 on: November 05, 2015, 09:59:17 PM »
Now you've said that I remember about the Fox Hollies Pub, i worked at A Green bus garage
📷 My photos on Flickr 📷 https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]

✳ Don't be fooled by my grumpy manner ..... in reality I'm just obnoxious ✳

Joewoen

« Reply #113 on: November 06, 2015, 03:11:38 PM »
Daziel & Pascoe , I do remember one shot that had Dudley Castle very clearly in the background. Pascoe, after his separation had a very trendy apartment in one of the new developments overlooking the canal in the city centre. Surprised he could afford it on police pay and maintenance for his kids. The series was filmed by BBC Birmingham, sadly one of the last to come out of this wonderful studio

Coastal, good memory regarding Survivors. Two good series and as you say, much of the 2nd filmed in Birmingham. Great shots of Birmingham, showed the city in a good light. I remember the distinctive blue floor car park on the top of Snow Hill Station. They used it as a surveillance place over the surrounding streets.

A new series on BBC is That's Entertainment. It looks at how the UK has changed from an industrial country to an entertaining one. In programme 1 the presenter walks through grotty graffiti strewn canal toe paths and seedy parts of Digbeth. His premise was that industry died here in the 1960's but Black Sabbath and Heavy Metal music sprang from this environment. Possibly right?

Joewoen

« Reply #114 on: November 06, 2015, 03:36:54 PM »
Have you seen the Christmas advert from Cadbury yet. I think its great.

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/tv/news/cadbury-launch-christmas-advert-892259.html

Views of the factory and Gravelly Hill.