Author Topic: Birmingham in film and TV  (Read 36339 times)

maggie

Re: Birmingham in film and TV
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2013, 08:35:00 PM »
1965 Ithink it was  Z Cars, this in part was filmed
on the built area of the motorway in Great Barr
dont know whats its called,top of Bham road
We used to stand and watch the action...One day someyoungsters where needed so Son and some of his"gang" all got into
the scene,   do remember they each got 2/6d.Also remember Brian Blessed he gave them the money
do unto others as you would be done by

planetmalc

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2013, 05:15:54 PM »
For what it was, Crossroads was a good little production, not many shows can have 5 episodes a week. It was not unusual to see members of the cast shopping in town.

A few of the actors in it already had some pedigree before they joined the Crossroads cast, which was unusual for a 'soap' in those days.    Now if it had been all about life a London motel it would still be running....... >:(
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

philsheen

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2013, 12:03:55 AM »
Softly Softly Task Force was filmed in Birmingham back in the day, I recall an episode filmed on King's Heath High Street. There was also a gardening programme filmed in King's Heath park, more recently there was In The Line Of Duty starring Lenny James, again set in London but filmed here.

Joewoen

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2013, 08:38:28 PM »
Keeping Up Appearances. Filmed in the streets of ----------? Anyone know?  :)

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2013, 08:46:08 PM »
How about Coventry?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2013, 09:48:57 PM »
Softly Softly Task Force was filmed in Birmingham back in the day, I recall an episode filmed on King's Heath High Street. There was also a gardening programme filmed in King's Heath park, more recently there was In The Line Of Duty starring Lenny James, again set in London but filmed here.

hi Phil welcome to the forum

yes kings heath park the gardening program was called gardening to day  with Cyril Fletcher
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

baznkazthebrummies

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2013, 12:12:34 PM »
does anybody remember "eh brian its a whopper" a comedy series about a fishing club in the 80's. i can recall some of it been filmed in nechells
COMMON SENSE IS NOT THAT COMMON

Spud

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2013, 12:22:35 PM »
Ref Locations for 'Keeping Up Appearances'  Hyacinth's House was In Binley Woods Nr Coventry,
Other scenes ie Onslow's and Daisy's house is in Coventry other exteriors were filmed in Leamington Spa, Northampton, Swidon and Bristol. Other scenes were filmed on the QE2 and Copenhagen
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

Joewoen

« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2013, 03:04:33 PM »
Ref Locations for 'Keeping Up Appearances'  Hyacinth's House was In Binley Woods Nr Coventry,
Other scenes ie Onslow's and Daisy's house is in Coventry other exteriors were filmed in Leamington Spa, Northampton, Swidon and Bristol. Other scenes were filmed on the QE2 and Copenhagen

Interesting. thanks for that Spud. Coventry eh.

Joewoen

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2013, 03:13:12 PM »
Here we go yet again.  >:(
Have I Got News For You, last night. Topic, HS2.

So called comedian, Tony Law, kept having a go at Brum, with well out of date jokes and stupid ignorant comments.

Why do some comedians think it is right and popular to knock this wonderful city?

garyjordan

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2013, 09:00:36 PM »
Several  TV archive sites have hundreds of hours of film/tv programmes from Brum:

well I tried to post the links to these sites but sod it, what kind of website is this?

I'm outa here.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy