Author Topic: Birmingham is a national disgrace  (Read 50092 times)

Joewoen

Birmingham is a national disgrace
« on: October 16, 2013, 07:52:27 PM »
Ofsted chief has said;
Birmingham is a national disgrace and one of the worst places in the developed world to grow up.

How did we get to this dire position?  :-\

roy one

• Global Moderator
Re: Birmingham is a national disgrace
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 08:03:24 PM »
Ofsted chief has said;
Birmingham is a national disgrace and one of the worst places in the developed world to grow up.

How did we get to this dire position?  :-\

there is nothing wrong with brum its self just the folk that are running it   no one seems to know what they are doing and the ones that do are shut out

each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

trapio

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 04:25:25 AM »
Joe,

Were any reasons given for such a damning condemnation?

If so what are they - or where can we see them?
Integrity is non negotiable

planetmalc

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 01:41:38 PM »
Maybe he's right and maybe you have to be on the outside looking in to see it. :-\     Reflect on many times you've seen/heard comments like: "I grew up in the inner city; looking back now I can see that we lived in poverty & squalor but I wasn't aware of it at the time 'cos we were all in the same boat."     To make an informed judgment you'd have to be spending lots of time visiting other parts of the country and actually evaluating the differences between different areas  -  how many of us are doing this?
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 02:35:38 PM »
planetmalc
it does not matter where you live or in what town or city  each has two faces the one you see on a trip and the one you see when you live there
there are lots of thing wrong in brum there is no getting away  from that but brum has a place is much the same has other city's or towns
but what is wrong is the care of its folk we read in the paper young kids being killed by perants  the s/s failing to protect the kids
you might ask why is nothing being done if you look at over the last few years heads of department have got the sack or moved on for getting things wrong or doing nothing   but like most thing you get the wonnabs just sitting there waiting for things to go wrong so that they can fill there shoes get that top job so now you have it each is looking at each and each pointing the finger so nothing gets done they fear doing things or they can not pass it down the line in case it goes wrong
so what it boils down to is there job is more important than the folk they serve

Aladdin

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 04:12:13 PM »
While children are abused and worse in what has been classed a city of national disgrace...the council see fit to borrow millions of pounds to put wheelie bins in. Priority...there aint none.

tony armstrong

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 01:34:57 PM »
the trouble with social care in all departments is the government want the best that is available as long as it is cheap but things are not cheap when it comes to care just look at gs4 cant even look after prisoners they cant even look after them and they are locked up. ???

Tim the Suttonian

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2013, 09:53:42 PM »
Brum is only as bad as we feel!  ;) Bostin!!!!

tony armstrong

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2013, 01:50:20 PM »
i think you will find the people running most big cities and towns like brum probably dont even live in them. ???

BrumWriter123

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 09:16:05 AM »
Hi I'm a freelance journalist working across several national publications. As a Birmingham native I have recently been approached to write an article about recent claims the city is failing its young people. If you or anyone you know has experienced incompetence on the part of the authorities or welfare system - or even if you are a young person feeling dismayed by the current state that Birmingham is in - I would love to hear from you. Please contact me at brumwelfare (at) gmail (dot) (com) with your story.

Thanks,

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2013, 09:24:25 AM »
hi brumwriter
welcome to the forum will you also be asking the young folk of brum about the good things that have been done for the young over the years its easy to complain and say bad things what about the good things

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy