Author Topic: Birmingham is a national disgrace  (Read 50052 times)

BrumWriter123

Re: Birmingham is a national disgrace
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2013, 09:28:19 AM »
hi brumwriter
welcome to the forum will you also be asking the young folk of brum about the good things that have been done for the young over the years its easy to complain and say bad things what about the good things

Yes of course this is just a general discussion about growing up in Birmingham and I want to get all sides of the story. Thanks

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2013, 09:47:03 AM »
all I can say is brum has been good to me and iv been good to brum being a child of the 40s growing up in b/heath having d/mail boots free school dinners
and having nothing today some of the kids have more than we could have dreamed of good housing good school boots on there feet  Birmingham has done well its not perfect and things do go wrong but on the hole its a good place to live and bring kids up   we must not blame brum its self    what is wrong is some of the folk that live there take and put nothing back and some of the folk in power who are just in it for them selves
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

wetdog

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2013, 03:28:34 PM »
bham is a great place , i had a good childhood and have enjoyed every moment

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2013, 03:33:20 PM »
I think the problem is that most of the subscribers to this forum are past middle age and some like myself are making paths into old age. What I think BrumWriter123 wants is the outlook of a young person who has grown up in modern times and can relate to this brave new world.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

planetmalc

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2013, 05:22:26 PM »
I wonder if anyone will ever bother to do a piece about how Birmingham's youth have ruined the City for us old 'uns? :-\
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

trapio

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2013, 07:57:08 PM »

Hi I'm a freelance journalist working across several national publications. As a Birmingham native I have recently been approached to write an article about recent claims the city is failing its young people. If you or anyone you know has experienced incompetence on the part of the authorities or welfare system - or even if you are a young person feeling dismayed by the current state that Birmingham is in - I would love to hear from you. Please contact me at brumwelfare (at) gmail (dot) (com) with your story.

Thanks,

Thus the crux of your article is focused on the negative see italics. This mediates the essence of your response, see bold.   

Yet your response to Roy's question is completely at odds with that you've been commissioned to collect, and have posted that you wish to know.   

hi brumwriter

welcome to the forum will you also be asking the young folk of brum about the good things that have been done for the young over the years its easy to complain and say bad things what about the good things

Yes of course this is just a general discussion about growing up in Birmingham and I want to get all sides of the story. Thanks

Do you now remember? Will you kindly explain your contradiction.
Integrity is non negotiable

frederick

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2013, 09:37:59 AM »
Brumwriter,
When I was a 20 something the then Birmingham council about 1970 moved out of Sparkbrook/Balsall Heath five family hub uncles and aunts and their children, miles apart from each other to make way for another nation it then became the Balty tryangle   >:(    :o    :(  Birmingham council is and was national disgrace to it,s indigenous people    >:(  unless you know better, but it will take some proving.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2013, 09:46:56 AM »
Fred

I keep saying this to you, your family must have chosen to move out of the district because if you wanted to remain in the area you could. All my family stopped within the area of Sparkbrook. My grandmother, three uncles and one aunt remained in the locality until they died. The remaining uncle moved out to Wythall in 2007 and I was the only one to move out of the area in the 70's.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

frederick

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2013, 09:42:53 PM »
Hi Phil,
What I am doing is giving Brumwriter something to really think about and to see what he comes back with, as for me the national disgrace of the Birmingham council so we will see what Brumwriter has to say    :-\   if he dose    O0 

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2013, 10:26:02 PM »
Fred

As I have said he doesn't want moans and groans from old codgers like us, I suppose he has heard them all before. What I think he wants is to hear the woes of the young and how they are failed by the social services. I agree partly that the very young are grossly treated by the social services who never ask questions that will give them answers that might mean they have to do a little work.

As for the older kids that have problems the usual thing is for a couple of social workers to meet them in MacDonald's and sit there for a couple of hours eating burgers and drinking coke and have a chat. It's all booked down to expenses of course, the rest of the time they just moan that the £700 a week they are getting is not enough.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

frederick

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2013, 10:50:04 AM »
Phil,
You never know he/she mite want to give it some thought, and just by looking at other areas of Brum round the city centre, the disgraceful council has changed the nationality of those areas    >:(    :o   and don't forget the council are the ones in charge of these things    >:(

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy