Author Topic: What is your fav place in Birmingham???  (Read 28239 times)

roy one

• Global Moderator
Re: What is your fav place in Birmingham???
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2007, 04:48:45 PM »
well you know what they say jacky Meany a fine tune played on an old fiddle and i might have snow on the roof but there's still a fire in the grate and does not take a lot of poking
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Jacqueline

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2007, 04:54:34 PM »
Roy behave. Myself and hubby have a 12 year difference. Wondered of Fred had a bigger one [difference]

frederick

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2007, 04:58:22 PM »
jacky,

what are you saying, make it a bit clearer     
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2007, 05:35:27 PM »
Fred,

So if you are on the boat, is that Graham with his bike.

Phil ;D :D
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2007, 05:48:10 PM »
I remember going to Cannon Hill Park, Russell Rd, Moor Green Lane and Donkeys Hollow collecting conkers. Thats something the kids today don't do, they have no idea what a game of conkers is about.

Do you remember the open fields at the top of Russell Rd and Moorcroft Rd, we used to play there for hours. Is was better than the park because there were no park keepers to tell you what to do. Remember them Parkies, If we still had Parkies there would be less vandalism in the parks today. I seem to remember every park had loads.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2007, 06:45:45 PM »
phil i used to go out the back of the park up the river to a pond and go fishing with a pin and a worm and get a few frogs  there was a deep spot on the river and we had a raft made out of oil cans and old doors such day had my for kiss in that park

mazbeth

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2007, 07:28:28 PM »
me and my husband had our first kiss in that park too.

my husband and son and daughter used to collect conkers in there when the kids were younger in the 90's, and lots of kids played them in the school they were at then.

Trouble is, when clearing out my son's plastic toy box one day, in preparation for moving house, I found a load of mouldy old conkers in there Yuk. :-\
Let those that love us, love us. And those that don't, may God turn their hearts. And, if He cannot turn their hearts, May He turn their ankles so we may know them by their limping!- Irish blessing

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2007, 08:15:15 PM »
mazbeth  i think that you will find most folk from brum have got a tail to tell about that park i remember one day going in the hot house (big green house) and seeing a load of bananas on a tree well we had got to have a few of them could not let that go by now could we  after we had a slap and booted out of the park we went home with just one banana and it was green

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2007, 09:07:40 PM »
Mazbeth,

I know the bandstand is still there, well it was about three years ago the last time I was there. Do they still have bands there. Roy mentioned the greenhouses are they still there. We always used to pop in there on cold days to get a warm.

I thought you might know as you live quite local.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

frederick

« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2007, 09:13:16 PM »
a place we would head for in the park in the summer was a water- fall on the river rea and one of the tricks was to go between the water and the brickwork and try not to get wet, and we always had a little pic nic.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

john2000

« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2007, 09:25:33 PM »
Fredrick.... if you went up the river ( 200m) there was a bend, thats where I used to hang out, that was a real water hole, with rope swing and all,  O0
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy