Author Topic: Photo Restoration  (Read 4573 times)

normansil

Re: Photo Restoration
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2013, 12:03:49 PM »
Perhaps a few words of explanation might help, so here goes. For many years I was an enthusiastic amateur photographer. I had a dark room and, eventually, my computer became my digital dark room. Age and arthritis have taken their toll and practical outdoor photography has become virtually impossible. Table top has no interest for me so I decided to have a look at the restoration of old prints and, perhaps, the conversion of old colour slides to prints. Equipment, software and tutorial material I have, images to play with I do not have.

I am reluctant to make too much noise as I realise there are people who earn an income doing restoration work but there must also be people who have prints and so on that they would like restoring but cannot afford to pay for the work. Now, if I could find some way of being helpful to Brummies who cannot afford to pay for restoration work then we would both benefit. Ideas and suggestions would be most welcome.
Beorma - founder of Birmingham

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2013, 05:52:41 PM »
are you offering to do this kind of work for free or is there a charge
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

normansil

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2013, 06:38:50 PM »
This is one of my hobbies and anything I do would be for free. The only caveat is that if prints on paper were required the images would have to be sent to a commercial printer but they are not very expensive. So, if you supplied me with a good quality digital scan of a print either as an email attachment or posted on a web site for downloading I would do what ever I could to restore that image and return it to you by the same method.

drummerboy

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2013, 09:16:31 PM »
Hi
Is there any chance of restoring this photo. It would be very much appreciated.

I could Email a full size one if needed.

normansil

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2013, 07:35:11 AM »
drummerboy - the image is much too small I would need a full size scan. Is there any way I can let you have my email address without releasing it to the entire forum?

drummerboy

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2013, 04:51:41 PM »
Hi
Yes  Email me at [email protected] and I can send a full size scan.
Thank you very much for helping.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2013, 07:17:16 PM »
normansil

For future reference you can use the messaging system to exchange private messages.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy