Author Topic: being a brummie ?  (Read 30842 times)

4orchard

Re: being a brummie ?
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2013, 08:23:58 PM »
Hi David the building you photographed which is now derelict was
J H Richards and i lived by it from 1940,. to when i joined the RAF in 59. Chances,
which was next  to them as you say, were tube benders who made the frame
for the silver cross pram .I dont remember the Evesham brewery you mentioned , you are obviously very familiar with the area where did you
reside?
David R

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2013, 08:34:59 PM »
Hi David,

The name is Phil and not David, I lived in Nechells from 1953 when we moved to Francis St from Balsall Heath and in Inkerman St from about 1963 until 1968 when I got married my parents moved out in 1971(ish).
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2013, 10:55:44 AM »
pickard.r
sorry but iv had to remove your last post because the link was to a forum   roy
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2013, 11:00:06 AM »
Bobby

Yes as Roy says you have to get permission from our administrator to link to other forums or commercial sites, but I have seen the site before and it was the period that it mentions in the 60's when it housed the pram makers that I worked there.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

pickard.r

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2013, 11:44:18 AM »
Sorry lads, I was Interested In what the link had to say about the history of the buildings occupiers. I had never heard of the Evesham Brewery before, do you know If It had any connection to Evesham or was It just a brand name?

Bobby
You can lead a horse to water but, a pencil must be lead.

4orchard

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2013, 05:04:19 PM »
Sorry Phil I thought I was replying to David Williams .being a new member I haven't
Quite got the hang of who I'm writing to  I'll be OK in couple of years ,I must say its
A fascinating site iI will soon become addicted
Regards
David R

4orchard

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2014, 08:57:37 PM »
My wife was born in dunslade road perry common ,and went to Hastings rd school and obviously qualifies as a brummie but cannot find any information .is there anyone out. There who lived and went to the same school she would love to hear from you
David R

Ray Harrison

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2014, 09:40:22 AM »
My wife was born in dunslade road perry common ,and went to Hastings rd school and obviously qualifies as a brummie but cannot find any information .is there anyone out. There who lived and went to the same school she would love to hear from you
David R
I think the problem comes when you go away from the midlands you get mistaken for being from The Black country. there is a pride of being a brummie  well known for our engineering skills and a thousand other skills. If you went to Devon and called them Cornish it wont go down well same all over the UK. I was in a curry shop the other week the man who owned the shop a Pakistani said he was a brummie, well that's ok with me because Brum is made up of people from all over the Uk and the world. On my farthers side they came from Sunderland in1775, on my mothers side they com from Europe as incoming Jews around the same time  all came here to work in the industrial period. So cut to the chase if you were born within the "B" category you are a brummie ,that will upset a lot of people.
BUD

DavidWilliams

« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2014, 09:46:20 AM »
could you please define your interpretation of the B line

Ray Harrison

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2014, 09:52:42 AM »
could you please define your interpretation of the B line
B as in post code beginning with B,  eg  I was born in B7 Vauxhall.
BUD

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2014, 09:59:10 AM »
 a lot of folk that I know say that when they tell folk that they come from brum   they say ho your an 021
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy