Author Topic: Train spotting  (Read 27572 times)

blane

Re: Train spotting
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2014, 10:48:21 PM »
I can remember it,he was one of the Bristol's,lived next door to William's Engineering,facing the Albion Vaults Pub.By coincidence I and a couple of mates were in there today remembering our times in Cato St. North. O0 O0 O0

Ray Harrison

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2014, 10:09:42 AM »
Saturday morning had to take my two sisters and younger brother to the pictures at the kingston before going new street. and if mom was still at work take them over the tip to brickyard crossng to do spotting.
as i write this i am looking at my display of three duchesess ,three jubilee's , one scott ,one f4 , one black 5 ,and two tanks . in
N gauge
nath
We spent a lot of time on that tip, The stuff you could find there we would spend all day pushing an old car up the hill and all pile in and let it go . same with motor bikes and bikes. shooting rats with air rifles ,loads of fun but watch out for Jack the life saver!!.
BUD

4orchard

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2014, 11:36:33 AM »
Hi Blane you are absolutely correct ,I didn't know whether to mention names although I can't remember if it was Brian or Barry , I went to school with one of them ,I can see it all in my mind now ,the mobile operating
theatre at the top of our street and the gasps from the crowd  as they carried him down the entry .but all this happened long before the days of health and safety and before children were wrapped in cotten wool.I can think of several lads who died or were seriously injured ,its a wonder any of us survived when you consider
What we got up to
David R

blane

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2014, 02:36:44 PM »
Hi Dave R --You must be a local lad from Saltley,sad to say 10 of the Cato St. North lads met up at Clive Kerrs funeral in August to wish him good bye.He had a fantastic send off,thanks to his wife,Wendy. :( :( :(

blane

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2014, 02:47:15 PM »
Hi Dave R  -  Barry Bristol was a good mate of mine,we worked together at E.N. Williams for 5 years.Thanks to Barry I met my wife,now of 49 years.Barry is still with us,but has mobility problems,and lives in Erdington.We have tried to get him to come to our re-unions but to no avail.Barry's surviving siblings were Billy who was older and Roger who was younger. O0 O0 O0

nathan

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2014, 03:05:28 PM »
shot a few rats myself, don't they squeal hey

4orchard

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2014, 04:25:24 PM »
Hi Blane yes I was a local lad living at no 17 Cato St north ,next door to the Reivelys and went to school with Olaf
Opposite lived Eddie Lewis Who was best man at my wedding  and he lived next door to David Kesterton ,I wonder if they are still around .sad to hear Clive has died wasn't he the one who broke his back falling out of a tree? His brother Kevin was born on the same day as me is he still around I would love to meet up with you and talk old times
Cheers
David R :

planetmalc

« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2014, 05:07:53 PM »
.....as i write this i am looking at my display of three duchesess ,three jubilee's , one scott ,one f4 , one black 5 ,and two tanks . in
N gauge
nath

Bet you wish you had a fiver for every time they've derailed! ;D
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

planetmalc

« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2014, 05:28:00 PM »
.......and if mom was still at work take them over the tip to brickyard crossng to do spotting.

Hankies at the ready to wipe away those tears!:-  ;D

http://www.macearchive.org/Archive/Title/midlands-news-29111965-birmingham-garrison-lane-level-crossing-closure/MediaEntry/8719.html
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

nathan

« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2014, 10:37:09 PM »
malc
they have never been run . i cant get planing permision off the missus
nath
wow
that film takes me back fantastic have to show family that one

nathan

« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2014, 09:46:37 AM »