Author Topic: The F A Cup.  (Read 3008 times)

Ray Harrison

The F A Cup.
« on: January 04, 2014, 10:14:37 AM »
I hear yesterday the Manager of Aston Villa said the F A cup should be done away with. Just keeping the Premier Cup. I am not a great football fan ( into Rugby Union) but the F A cup has been going for years and is open to all League teams even the smalles teams which means they get a chance to play big teams ,which also goes the other way round the big teams could lose to a complete outsider. So what the Villa want really is only the MONEY team should be in the running for the Cup. I said before I changed to Rugby some 50 years ago because I did not like the way money was spoiling the  game.
BUD

roy one

• Global Moderator
Re: The F A Cup.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 10:30:34 AM »
hi ray

I seen that report  the truth of the matter is football has lost its way at one time it was about winning the f.a cup but now its about big money and it become clear to me that there is no big money winning the FA cup silver cups do not fill the cupboard with money just some thing to look at
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Spud

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 11:29:35 AM »
It is a sad thing to have to admit but the FA Cup does seem to have lost it's appeal. In days gone by even the Third Round guaranteed a full house. I suppose it is all down to money not just income for the clubs but also the cost of attending. I guess that a Dad and his Lad would not get much change out of 50 Quid to see the Villa or Blues.
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

Ray Harrison

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 02:09:07 PM »
hi ray

I seen that report  the truth of the matter is football has lost its way at one time it was about winning the f.a cup but now its about big money and it become clear to me that there is no big money winning the FA cup silver cups do not fill the cupboard with money just some thing to look at
Do you think if Villa were not in the Premier league they would have said such a thing. This could work the other way round by doing away with the Premier Cup. No more us and them all clubs then stand alone and small clubs have chance to do well and prosper.
BUD

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 02:42:03 PM »
hi ray

I'm not into football now  I used to play and be a manager in my youth c.b.a perm division am league  in them days it was a pound in the boot if we won  and the lads would play there hearts out give there last in them days football was about the game not about money 

the two brum teams was all the working man had it was being part of some thing     dads gone to the match  with our kid but now the cost is out of this world

big money moved in and killed it   in days gone by iv been to the blues and seen a full house both sets of fan going down the cove road side by side
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

blueblizzard

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 10:51:11 PM »
Seems Villa manager Lambert doesn't have to worry about the bother of the FA Cup anymore,,, as a team plying their trade a couple of leagues below them knocked them out,,,,,,I wonder if the Villa fans felt as indifferent to an exciting cup run as their manager.

Don't take life so seriously,,,nobody gets out alive anyway

trapio

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 02:52:24 AM »
Without doubt all true Villa fans will be ashamed at this result......when I was a lad, Villa held the record number of F.A. Cup final wins - increasing it to 7 in 1957, which rubbed it in for the Blues who had lost to the other M/cr team the season before...but they haven't won it since, yet to their great credit, they have won the European Cup
Integrity is non negotiable

blueblizzard

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 10:21:49 AM »
       One incident slightly marred this weekends FA Cup activities and that was the stabbing of an Oldham fan after he had just watched his side play,,,not many details have been released so obviously no blame can be pointed in any direction yet,,,,,,,,,the attack happened outside Anfield after their match against liverpool fc,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Don't take life so seriously,,,nobody gets out alive anyway

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy