Author Topic: Birmingham as it is now, what do you like or dislike?  (Read 423 times)

JudithM

Re: Birmingham as it is now, what do you like or dislike?
« Reply #33 on: Yesterday at 01:32:13 PM »
It's the people that live in the areas that make it scruffy,nothing to do with the councils.They don't employ workers to clean the streets any more.

There are council employed street cleaners.  I see many of them about, both in the City Centre & the suburbs.  But yes, people need to take care of the areas they live in too & not expect others to clean up for them.
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

Phil

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: Yesterday at 01:42:32 PM »
Judith

I agree that people should not expect others to clear up their mess even Council employees, I don't think that the fines for littering are used to their full potential or are high enough. In my opinion they should be a minimum fine of 250 or 100 hours community service cleaning the streets or both if thought needed.

Though I would like to see all litter wardens properly trained and tested for common sense before they are allowed out on the streets on their own.
Make Love Not War

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: Yesterday at 03:03:49 PM »
ladypool road was all ways kept clean by the shop keepers   they kept there rubbish out the back of the shop until bin day it was never left out in the road each shop keeper would sweep the front of his shop and get the rubbish up but sadly that's not the case today some days it looks like a tip  who do you blame for that I go to the carpets shops in that part of Birmingham to get a good deal on the carpets cash in hand works well  im happy that I do not live in that part of Birmingham now but I did in the past  so I remember how it was and how it is now that's what I dislike the rubbish left for other to clean away
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes