Author Topic: the old pubs of brum  (Read 926879 times)

sueb

Re: the old pubs of brum
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2008, 07:14:15 PM »
Talking about pubs, I know it's not as old as the pubs you're talking about, but I used to work at The Exchange Berni Inn when I first came to Birmingham in 1977.  It was great fun.  In our 20 minute break we used to go across to The Midland Hotel and drink a bottle of wine between 2 of us - the rest of the evening used to pass in a haze!!  Then when we'd finished work we'd go out to one of the clubs, usually Sloopys at the top of Corporation St.  It makes me smile just to remember the good times we had!

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2008, 07:49:05 PM »
sueb

So you are the  waitress who spilled tomato soup all down my new suit. When I complained to the management they said you were young and inexperienced.

Now I find out the truth, you were pie eyed. I'll send you the cleaning bill I've still got it.

Phil.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

sueb

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2008, 09:53:52 PM »
Ha, ha Phil - just send the bill to: Oh dear, I'm going senile and can't remember my address!!

john2000

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2008, 09:58:35 PM »
SueB.... It's better that you dont remember "his" address, you can save  money that way.. O0
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

john2000

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2008, 10:06:03 PM »
I never go with drunken women, its the worst thing a man can do. had two of them in the back of my car one night, one opened the window, and was sick as a dog, ( had to get the door reprayed, the other who sat next to me was unconscious and kept falling on me, I had to drive with one hand on the wheel, the other holding her up right, ( I'm happy I did. she had a lap full of sick,) and I don't remember us having carrots that evening.... :buck2:

PS: it took weeks to get rid of the smell. I was heaving myself at times.. never again,)

John 2000

sueb

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2008, 10:17:12 PM »
Oh dear, I hope one of them wasn't me John!   I do seem to vaguely recall some rather vomit-inducing rides home after a night out.............oops, open that window quick!      Does this bring back happy memories?!!!

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2008, 10:33:18 PM »
John

can you just make it clear who or what were you holding upright.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

john2000

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2008, 10:35:48 PM »
Phil.... wish I could, I had plans for her, but after a lap full, I changed my mind,

Bannion

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2008, 10:37:48 PM »
Thanks Phil.
In my fast fading memory banks I seem to recall the front but that boarding at the side of it throws me.  Cannot recall that but on leaving, then I could not remember a lot anyway, but you would have thought I would have seen it on the way in. ???

Bannion

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2008, 10:41:24 PM »
Back in again
Remember picking up a fairly merry lady one night who asked if I could take her home.  Here was I on a cert.
Got outside her home and she took £2 from her purse and gave it to me and left the car.  Thought I was a flaming taxi.
Story of my life :'(

john2000

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2008, 10:46:19 PM »
You have to admit, they had some great pubs, in Brum, when I was back there 3 years ago, I went to the pub by the church St Martins ( bull ring area), god it was a dump, ( I got a funny look from my lady friend telling how good it was, mind you, that was before we went inside,),

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy