Author Topic: church on corner of farm rd sparkbrook  (Read 22973 times)

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: church on corner of farm rd sparkbrook
« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2008, 11:22:59 PM »
tali

there weren't many Rollers in B11 & B12 in those days but that didn't mean there weren't people who could afford them. I can think of two within a five minute walk of where I used to live.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Langstraat

« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2008, 12:04:32 AM »
When I worked in Lower Essex St. during the early 80's my boss had a Roller with his initials on the plates.
A week before we went bust and the receiver was called in, he 'changed' it to an old Ford Scorpio which was taken from him. A couple of months later I saw the Roller covered with a sheet in the back of a garage off Hurst Street. His number plates very clearly visible. The receiver never got his Roller or for that matter the antique furniture from his office or boardroom; they has been replaced too.
Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and try to beat you with experience.

tramp

« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2008, 12:13:37 AM »
I've never worked in Brum - is this why I've never had a RR, except for RR engines in that great Austin invention, the Champ, and the Centurion tank.
Oy never saw nyther of them  two down Ladypool Rowd iyther.

tali

« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2008, 12:27:01 AM »
When I worked in Lower Essex St. during the early 80's my boss had a Roller with his initials on the plates.
A week before we went bust and the receiver was called in, he 'changed' it to an old Ford Scorpio which was taken from him. A couple of months later I saw the Roller covered with a sheet in the back of a garage off Hurst Street. His number plates very clearly visible. The receiver never got his Roller or for that matter the antique furniture from his office or boardroom; they has been replaced too.
Another intresting tale - per chance you remember the number plate?
"I hear much support for the monarchy.I hear the Union Jack's to remain .I see Namatjira in custody.I see Truganini's in chains"

Langstraat

« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2008, 01:19:01 AM »
I think ABC 123 I'm reasonable sure about the ABC but not so sure about the 123.
Registered to Alan Cure
Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and try to beat you with experience.

rosalita

« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2008, 04:53:01 PM »
Well, that was pretty smart of him, eh? I always say......anticipation is everything. ;D

tali

« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2008, 12:43:45 AM »
I think ABC 123 I'm reasonable sure about the ABC but not so sure about the 123.
Registered to Alan Cure
Blimey! that's one heck of a number plate!.Currently it's on a humble Ford Fiesta!
"I hear much support for the monarchy.I hear the Union Jack's to remain .I see Namatjira in custody.I see Truganini's in chains"

Langstraat

« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2008, 12:54:22 AM »
 :)Try GAC 123 :)
His name was Alan Cure approx 1982-3

froggy

« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2008, 02:55:44 PM »
Speaking of number plates, did anyone notice the plate on the truck parked at the church in the photo? Yellow, Dutch for sure. Belga Transport from Roden, Netherlands.
Interesting, because it appears the contents of the church are going over the channel. Probably a lot of good wood in those pews.
Thought you'd like to know.

tramp

« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2008, 02:58:32 PM »
Froggy,

You're absolutely spot on - UK is selling it's heritage, and keeping the cr*p.

tali

« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2008, 09:21:35 PM »
:)Try GAC 123 :)
His name was Alan Cure approx 1982-3
Alan  George Cure ?(living near Portway btw) - GAC 123 - not coming up- but neither does AGC123- or any permutations of those numbers.There is however AGC1

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy