Author Topic: Carrier-bag lady  (Read 41489 times)

roy one

• Global Moderator
Re: Carrier-bag lady
« Reply #132 on: June 18, 2014, 01:35:56 PM »
malc

I remember this lady from about 19 49 to about 1953  to me she was old like iv said I used to get this lady a tin mug full of tea   Saturdays she was always ok to me and the last time I seen her was about 1955  was there two selling the same bags I think not did some one take over from her I think not  the winter of 1955 was a hard winter it come just after xmas  and that xmas was the last time I seen her and you can take that to the bank its a fact
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

planetmalc

« Reply #133 on: June 18, 2014, 03:48:14 PM »
hiya all this is nellie  the andy carrier

This lady (reply #111) resembles the one I remember.     At the time, she seemed distinctly older than my own grannie who was born in 1884 (but, then again, my grannie didn't have the kind of life that would leave her looking weather-beaten like the 'andy carrier lady was).   
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

Minny

« Reply #134 on: June 18, 2014, 10:36:36 PM »
There is no photo in #111 Planetmalc.
Do you mean #112?
And, do you know what year are you remember her from?

cocacolakid

« Reply #135 on: June 19, 2014, 01:02:15 PM »
There is no photo in #111 Planetmalc.
Do you mean #112?
And, do you know what year are you remember her from?

Minny..

There is a picture on reply # 111.  it is not the one I would recognise of the carrier bag lady.  reply # 112 is just words.

Malc.    (not planet Malc)
Every day is a gift, that's why they call it the present.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #136 on: June 19, 2014, 03:45:35 PM »
Malc

The photo is on reply 112, reply 111 is text only. The reply number refers to the message below it, not the message above it.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

cocacolakid

« Reply #137 on: June 20, 2014, 09:42:22 AM »
Malc

The photo is on reply 112, reply 111 is text only. The reply number refers to the message below it, not the message above it.

Phil...

When I look at page # 11. The photo is below reply # 111

Malc.

cocacolakid

« Reply #138 on: June 20, 2014, 10:01:41 AM »
Malc

.blong

•       Re: Carrier-bag lady « Reply #110 on: May 27, 2014, 08:54:50 PM »    Hiya townie
    I try and put what I can on here atm but with a few probs . Hope u don't mind that I will get that picture up hope u have read my reply to minny obversely minny said I responded of matter of 5 mins and 10 days of silence , I can't help it but I had to say as it was ,I don't like telling people my problems but I didn't like what she put .....I don't have to explain myself .....
    Hope ur ok with this  O0    Report to moderator    Logged 
         a.blong 
  •       Re: Carrier-bag lady « Reply #111 on: June 03, 2014, 09:47:23 AM »    hiya all this is nellie  the andy carrier   
     Phil...    Scan up on this.    This is a copy of photo from page #11.  to me it shows photo as reply # 111 ????                                                                                      Malc.

Phil

• Account Closed
    « Reply #139 on: June 20, 2014, 10:22:32 AM »
    Hi Malc

For some reason what you have differs from myself, perhaps it might have something to do with the way you have set up the page for viewing in the layout & look of your forum profile.

In my view post 111 is from "a.blong" but it is text only and it is dated May 27th not June 3rd. It is also on page 3 and not page 11 as on your computer.

It looks  as if you have not set up your computer so that the last post made is shown at the top of page 1 and not at the bottom of the last page.
    Phil died in 2020. RIP.

townie

« Reply #140 on: June 20, 2014, 10:24:14 AM »
    I have followed this thread from day one, I have also tried to help a.blong find the truth. But I must say that reply 24 and reply 84 photos are of the carrier bag lady I remember and i'm afraid its not a.blongs relation. 
    Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

cocacolakid

« Reply #141 on: June 20, 2014, 10:46:46 AM »
    Hi Malc

For some reason what you have differs from myself, perhaps it might have something to do with the way you have set up the page for viewing in the layout & look of your forum profile.

In my view post 111 is from "a.blong" but it is text only and it is dated May 27th not June 3rd. It is also on page 3 and not page 11 as on your computer.

It looks  as if you have not set up your computer so that the last post made is shown at the top of page 1 and not at the bottom of the last page.
    [/quote

Phill...

I am mystified about this.   I have not set our laptop up in any particular way, not knowingly, anyway.  My computer knowledge is quite basic. The forum topics and page/reply  numbers come up as is.  It is beyond me how they can differ from one persons computer to anothers, as I see it reply # 111 is the same on all computers, if it can vary, then it is not logical to my limited knowledge.  I will ask the wife when she gets back from shopping, she is the one who sorts our problems out, to see if she can explain. If any other computer brains out there can explain the situation, I would appreciate there input, I am always willing to learn!! 

Malc.

Phil

• Account Closed
    « Reply #142 on: June 20, 2014, 10:52:17 AM »
    Malc

You just click on profile, forum profile, modify profile, look & layout, and then put a tick in the box "Show most recent posts at the top".

There are all sorts of ways you can modify the results that you get on screen.
    Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy