Author Topic: Carrier-bag lady  (Read 41354 times)

Minny

Re: Carrier-bag lady
« Reply #143 on: June 20, 2014, 11:22:35 AM »
What happens to the numbering you see if there is a post from someone on your "Ignore List"?

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #144 on: June 20, 2014, 11:24:43 AM »
Minny

I think the numbering remains constant because even if someone is on your ignore list you can still choose to look at it.

Can I just add if anybody requires further assistance on anything to do with the forum layout etc can they please start another thread as we are straying badly off topic.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

planetmalc

« Reply #145 on: June 20, 2014, 04:40:04 PM »
There is no photo in #111 Planetmalc.
Do you mean #112?
And, do you know what year are you remember her from?

Definitely #111 in my version of the Birmingham Forum (I've just checked).

I remember her from the late 40's to the mid-50's.     Also, contrary to what I wrote in post #59 where I carelessly claimed that she STOOD outside the Market Hall area, I think she was, in fact, always seated. :-[ 
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

townie

« Reply #146 on: June 20, 2014, 04:46:05 PM »
Malc reply 111 is a photo by a.blong claiming her relative to be the carrier bag lady.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

planetmalc

« Reply #147 on: June 20, 2014, 04:50:59 PM »
Malc reply 111 is a photo by a.blong claiming her relative to be the carrier bag lady.

Yeah, that's the same one I see, townie. O0
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

cocacolakid

« Reply #148 on: June 21, 2014, 09:19:47 AM »

Definitely #111 in my version of the Birmingham Forum (I've just checked).

I remember her from the late 40's to the mid-50's.     Also, contrary to what I wrote in post #59 where I carelessly claimed that she STOOD outside the Market Hall area, I think she was, in fact, always seated. :-[

planetmalc..

The lady was always seated on the numerous times I saw her   O0

Malc.
Every day is a gift, that's why they call it the present.

teegee

« Reply #149 on: June 25, 2014, 07:41:29 AM »
I scanned this picture from Carl Chinns Brummagem magazine dated 2006

townie

« Reply #150 on: June 25, 2014, 11:14:12 AM »
It would be good if someone could put this picture along side the other 2 photos we have of the carrier bag lady.

a.blong

« Reply #151 on: July 07, 2014, 06:35:59 PM »
Hi all sorry not been in touch hope ur all ok . I really moved foward on Nellie. , her name was Ellen. But was called Nellie. , the handy carrier lady at the bullring  passed away in 1964 , she remarried in 1919. To  George silk. So she became Nellie silk ( Ellen silk)  I've done is much research. On her and rest of my family. It's got very exciting ,  I am coming up the midlands on Saturday of the day. Gonna be a long drive. But be worth it  and seeing my family too 

Minny

« Reply #152 on: July 11, 2014, 12:58:14 PM »
These earlier pictures, from a.blong, look like they were scanned from a magazine or newspaper. They certainly don't look like old family photographs.
Although the bottom one appears to be a photograph of a computer screen, look at the graphics above the image.
The bloke at the back looks like a well known actor.

townie

« Reply #153 on: July 11, 2014, 08:26:26 PM »
Does it really matter if they were scanned from a magazine or Newspaper  If a.blong believes its her relative, who she believes was the carrier bag lady, I don't think that she is making it up. Perhaps their were 2 carrier bag ladies. 

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy