Author Topic: poolway shopping centre  (Read 21757 times)

elaine1

Re: poolway shopping centre
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2014, 03:31:37 PM »
does anyone remember a lad who use to live in the flats, i think it was compton house,called paul austin.he was my brother gary,s friend and mine too.

jerryandtom

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2014, 07:50:36 PM »
They were the days, glad some one remembers .  My name is linda lowe , sorry I dont remember you . Moved away late 70

elaine1

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2014, 07:40:20 PM »
sorry linda,i dont remember you but thanx for replying.its just great to recapture lovely old memories,dont you agree.i went to mirfield school and grew up in kelynmead road. i moved away in 1982 to shard end where i still live now.i remember the big bridge by the poolway,we use to roller  skate over it,great fun.i can remember going to the shops for our mom on my space hopper and smashing all the eggs ha,ha.she went mad.ha,ha.like i said ,happy days.

townie

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2014, 08:01:29 PM »
Hi Elaine as I said earlier I was born in Fontley Close and the Poolway was our shopping centre. When I was young my Mom and Dad were offered a house in kelynmead road but settled for one in Shard End. Ownall Road above the shops.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

elaine1

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2014, 08:10:32 PM »
hi there townie,my name is actually mandy.and i work in greggs on ownall road.

townie

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2014, 08:17:55 PM »
Hi Elaine/Mandy I lived there before they build the new shops I Lived above the Co-op Butches. Don't know if you remember it.

elaine1

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2014, 09:20:59 PM »
hi again townie.i remember it well.i really miss bargains galore they sold everything there.are you still in shard end.

townie

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2014, 09:34:14 PM »
No although I grew up there and went to Timberley and Alderlea schools, and spent all my teenage life there, and my local was the Harlequin. When I got married the council offered us a flat in a multi storey, across the road from the Mountford pub I think it was called in Kingshurst, or a brand New 3 bedroom house in Tamworth, guess which one I took. But don't get me wrong I loved Shard End. and I started a thread on Shard End.have a look you may be able to add.     

jerryandtom

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2014, 08:55:26 PM »
Hi to every one I moved away, early 80, moved to leicestershire, but still come bace every two weks to see my mum.

elaine1

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2014, 02:53:36 PM »
hi all,did anyone go to gossey lane school or lea village junior school?

jerryandtom

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2014, 08:00:28 AM »
No went blakenhale cockhuct hill , we came from small heath.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy