Author Topic: WARNING  (Read 2600 times)

KENWINDSOR

WARNING
« on: January 22, 2008, 10:43:11 AM »
I have just been sent one of those "West African" confidence trick e-mails - which mentions their relationship to this site. Thoought you all need to know that it comes from a "Letter Of Relationship.
FROM Nna Robert
12 BP 1046 Abidjan.
Cote D'Ivoire
West Africa. " and they say "Permit me to inform you of my dee to go into business relationship with you , l saw your profile and went through it and I prayed over it and selected your name among other names due to the nature of my proposal,which requires a reputable and trustworthy person. Someone who will be kind and sincere to me.I am a member of www.birminghamforum.co.uk"

I realise that most peole are aware of these scams by now - but just in case - BIN THIS E_MAIL - DO NOT touch it with the proverbial Birmingham canal barge pole!!!

Ken Windsor

mazbeth

Re: WARNING
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 11:24:41 AM »
is your e-mail address showing in your profile here?

You can tick to make it 'hidden.'

edit: yes it is...just looked.
as I said, you can choose to make it hidden.

spammers and other unscrupulus people, trawl forums for scams and other things.
Let those that love us, love us. And those that don't, may God turn their hearts. And, if He cannot turn their hearts, May He turn their ankles so we may know them by their limping!- Irish blessing

tramp

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 03:26:44 AM »
Ken,

Welcome to the Forum.

I had one of these as a PM a month after I joined, and the Administrator removed the ''member'' the same day, New Year's Eve.

I recommend that you do likewise,

Bannion

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 10:24:51 AM »
I would have thought all our email addresses should be hidden and only accessible by the administrator for his use only.

Lesson here for all to check and amend as necessary.  Thanks for the tip off Ken and by the way hope this is a welcome to more entries on the site from you.   

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 12:10:06 PM »
Hello and Welcome to the site Ken, I hope that we will be hearing a lot more from you. I have read all Alton's books about Birmingham and have to say I enjoyed them very much.

Phil

Phil died in 2020. RIP.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2020, 11:43:25 AM »
scam from the tax man   i have just had a phone call on my mobe phone its a pay has you go phone and it was from the tax man saying that if i did not reply to this phone call by pressing number one on the key pad warrant  for my arrest  would be took out aghast me   

its a scam 
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

mw0njm

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2020, 06:27:46 PM »
scam from the tax man   i have just had a phone call on my mobe phone its a pay has you go phone and it was from the tax man saying that if i did not reply to this phone call by pressing number one on the key pad warrant  for my arrest  would be took out aghast me   

its a scam
i had a lot of them. they even left messages on my answer mach.so i reported the number to the cops and they stopped. phoning. at first it shocked me.

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2020, 11:25:47 PM »
Well if your stupid enough to reply :idiot2:
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2020, 04:38:08 PM »
DONT ANSWER THE MARRIAGE ALLOWANCE  ADD SUPPOSEDLY  FROM  THE  BENEFITS  AGENCY  THATS  APPEARING  ON THE FORUM ITS FROM AN ACCOUNTANCY  EXPERT NOT THE D W P.MIGHT BE A SCAM
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

frederick

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2020, 01:55:36 PM »
Scam.    Just had an email off Morrisons "you are the winner"
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Scipio

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2021, 08:41:22 PM »
I answered my wife's mobile Friday last week about 11.30am . I never say the number but as soon as I had accepted the call . A voice that would be good at reading ghost stories announce HMRC , bish bash bosh the phone was disconnected from the caller straight away , a lot of nervous people could have been very upset . I think to be honest the voice put over like that is meant to frighten /scare people, you would never get a phone call from the tax or anyone else with frightening tones like that .
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy