Author Topic: Ofsted takes charge of Trojan horse  (Read 42909 times)

roy one

• Global Moderator
Re: Ofsted takes charge of Trojan horse
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2014, 10:43:36 AM »
just to add this was in the paper this morning

Islamic school hardliners 'confiscated Easter eggs from pupils' as head of Ofsted takes charge of inquiry into 'Muslim Trojan Horse plot'
Schools being investigated over plot to introduce radical Islamic teaching

Birmingham schools allegedly targeted by Muslim hardliners
'Morality squads' of older students allegedly smashed pupil's Easter eggs

WHEN I WAS AT SCHOOL I GOT THE STICK FOR CHEWING GUM IN CLASS NOTHING WAS SAID ABOUT THAT
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

normansil

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2014, 10:55:04 AM »

Islamic school hardliners 'confiscated Easter eggs from pupils' as head of Ofsted takes charge of inquiry into 'Muslim Trojan Horse plot'

WHEN I WAS AT SCHOOL I GOT THE STICK FOR CHEWING GUM IN CLASS NOTHING WAS SAID ABOUT THAT

That is awful. What were the kids doing in school, Easter time is holiday time? What paper was this report in, the Birmingham post?
Beorma - founder of Birmingham

Pats

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2014, 01:52:22 PM »

Schools have been off for two weeks I believe...why would the pupils be taking Easter eggs to school two weeks ago? :-\
I don't suffer fools gladly.

frederick

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2014, 02:14:28 PM »
Could it be a holiday club wt a Muslim school.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

planetmalc

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2014, 02:14:36 PM »

Ofsted have already carried out several inspections so a cover up is most unlikely.

The most likely body that Ofsted will be covering up for is Ofsted itself, because they passed at least some of these school as OK quite recently. :o     In my opinion, they shouldn't be allowed anywhere near this investigation and should instead be under scrutiny themselves. O0
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

planetmalc

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2014, 02:17:57 PM »

Imagine the hoo-hah if Christian 'Morality Squads' in schools went around ripping up Muslim pupils' Korans!

normansil

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2014, 02:32:24 PM »

Imagine the hoo-hah if Christian 'Morality Squads' in schools went around ripping up Muslim pupils' Korans!

No one said that the eggs belonged to Christians. I think the action was a bit drastic but, if it happened to be Muslim children in a Muslim environment, then I can well imagine the desire to remove objects associated with Christianity; although whether chocolate eggs are Christian objects is a moot point.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2014, 02:43:14 PM »
Of 17 schools inspected by Ofsted so far in connection with the alleged plot, only one is said to have been given a clean bill of health.

A probe by the Department for Education has reportedly found evidence of pupils being illegally segregated, with girls forced to sit at the back and sides of class.

It was claimed that an extremist preacher with known Al Qaeda sympathies was invited to speak to pupils and the content of some GCSE subjects  made to ‘comply with conservative  Islamic teaching’.

In another development, a Birmingham teachers’ leader said staff at several schools had reported concerns about governors becoming too involved ‘in the day-to-day management’ of schools.

Roger King, of the National Union of Teachers, said the claims did not necessarily involve Muslim governors.

He accused Ofsted inspectors of asking ‘leading’ questions and using heavy-handed tactics when asking staff and pupils about influences on their schools.

Nine other schools were found to be 'requiring improvement' by inspectors, and only one school was given a clean bill of health with a final report still incomplete

each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

planetmalc

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2014, 04:21:03 PM »
So now we know the names of 18 of the dodgy schools:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-27128202#

The Council have decided to make their own investigation into the Trojan Horse affair and two of the people on the small team are Muslims! :o      One of them is Kamal Hanif, who is head teacher of Waverley Primary (one of the dodgy schools)!! :o :o      He's described as 'a respected figure from the Muslim community who would look at the matters with an open mind'!!! :o :o :o

Has Britain gone mad or what?    If this problem was about paedo's or neo-Nazis infiltrating our schools, would we be allowing members of the Paedophile Information Exchange, or BNP leader Nick Griffin, onto the team? :o :o :o :o   

normansil

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2014, 04:23:37 PM »
I am reminded of the old saying - set a thief to catch a thief.

planetmalc

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2014, 04:25:47 PM »
I am reminded of the old saying - set a thief to catch a thief.

And that'd be fine if you ended up catching him, but I think these people will be there to help with the whitewashing.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy