Author Topic: Re: Millington St Castle Bromwich  (Read 12631 times)

nitram

Re: Millington St Castle Bromwich
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2014, 09:15:16 PM »
To who moved to river st was his name malc ?

nitram

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2014, 10:09:06 PM »
I was asking because, I lived in River St, my surname is Whitehouse lived at number 9.

townie

Re: Re: Millington St Castle Bromwich
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2014, 10:12:44 PM »

Hi nitram i'm not sure who you are asking but the Whitehouse family I knew never had any of them names.

It will be cocacolakid you want then, he might be back in a bit.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

townie

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2014, 11:57:42 PM »
Millington Street is actually Millington Road.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

cocacolakid

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2014, 10:17:16 AM »
I was asking because, I lived in River St, my surname is Whitehouse lived at number 9.

nitram...

There were THREE families by the name of Whitehouse in yard where I lived.  There were the ones next door to me, opposite them were the mother & father, then at the bottom of the yard were another Whitehouse family that were not related to the other two. 

You mention several names in one of your earlier messages, one of them, "Ronnie" was the name of the guy who lived at the bottom of the yard. I don't recall the name of his wife, they had a son who was younger than me, his name began with "T"  could this be you, nitram??

You say you lived at number 9, are you sure?  I lived at number 5 so I presume next door to me would have been # 7,  #9 would be next to that, but the couple living there were the Harbens, next to them were the Gazby's, then Ronnie Whitehouse and family, which I presume would have been #13 ?     

I knew another Whitehouse family in Longmore Rd, it ran between sherbourne Rd and Balsall Heath Rd.

Malc.

Every day is a gift, that's why they call it the present.

nitram

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2014, 10:55:50 AM »
Hi Malc,
Well blow me over with a feather. My father was Ronnie Whitehouse he died in 1980, my eldest brother was Terry spot on with the initial. I remember the Gazbys very well. My Grandfathers name was Abraham, Sammy Whitehouse was his brother also a few others family log is in the loft I must dig it out also an Annie Whitehouse. My Grandfather was Married to a Roisin Powell her family had a coal business. Small world yes two families lived in the yard, Sammy and Annie and Ronnie and my mother lived in the corner house. I would love to know anything else you know, or maybe even a very old photo, I have never seen a photo of my Dad or any of the Family from back then. 0121 559 2279 if you want a chat Malc. Thank you for taking the time to reply to me. much appreciated.

Regards Martin

cocacolakid

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2014, 11:37:03 AM »
Hi Malc,
Well blow me over with a feather. My father was Ronnie Whitehouse he died in 1980, my eldest brother was Terry spot on with the initial. I remember the Gazbys very well. My Grandfathers name was Abraham, Sammy Whitehouse was his brother also a few others family log is in the loft I must dig it out also an Annie Whitehouse. My Grandfather was Married to a Roisin Powell her family had a coal business. Small world yes two families lived in the yard, Sammy and Annie and Ronnie and my mother lived in the corner house. I would love to know anything else you know, or maybe even a very old photo, I have never seen a photo of my Dad or any of the Family from back then. 0121 559 2279 if you want a chat Malc. Thank you for taking the time to reply to me. much appreciated.

Regards Martin

Hi Martin...

It was Terry that I had in mind, he was younger than me, but  you have jogged my memory, I do now recall him having a baby brother named Martin. 

The Whitehouse family next door to us were Albert & Ivy (no longer alive) and their children Pat & Steven. Albert was a milkman.

I lived with my parents in the shop number 5. I have found out that the numbers ran consecutively in River St, not odds on one side & evens on the other, which explains why you lived at # 9. 

Sadly I don't have any photo's of the yard that takes in your house. I do have a photo of the kids in fancy dress in the street on the day of the coronation street party. I posted the pictures on the forum awhile ago, I think that if you type in the words river street in the search box, top right of the page, then scroll down the page that comes up, you will find them. You might recognise people on photo's ?  Did you find the picture of our shop ?

Malc.

cocacolakid

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2014, 12:48:22 PM »
Martin...

Forgot to say, If you scroll down the topic list on "Old Birmingham" you will see a topic I put on asking for street plan of numbers in River St. Member Planetmalc, came up with one, you may be interested to see it, our group of houses is clearly shown on the right of plan.

Malc.

planetmalc

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2014, 03:32:50 PM »
Martin...

Member Planetmalc, came up with one, you may be interested to see it, our group of houses is clearly shown on the right of plan.

Malc.

Not me, mate, my only claim to River Street fame is that Phil & I independently found that nice photo of the north side of River Street (Longmore Road end). O0
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

cocacolakid

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2014, 06:20:56 PM »

Not me, mate, my only claim to River Street fame is that Phil & I independently found that nice photo of the north side of River Street (Longmore Road end). O0

Sorry Malc...

It was mikejee that came up with the street plan of river street, showing the house numbers.  :-[
                                                                                                     Malc.

castalla

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2014, 07:09:52 PM »
Hi cocacolakid.

You say you moved out in 1949, i lived there from 57 any idea when the propertys were built ŋ . Can you remember what number you lived at

I remember a Whitehouse family but canīt put faces or house numbers to either, but they may be another Whitehouse family as donīt remember much before early 60īs 

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy