Author Topic: Birmingham bus routes and their number.  (Read 74507 times)

planetmalc

Re: Birmingham bus routes and their number.
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2014, 12:33:36 PM »
In the sixties the number 3 ran from the city, I'm not sure if it was Bull Street or Colmore Row to the junction of Ridgacre Lane and Quinton Rd West.

That rings a bell, Phil, and I think the #9 and #10 went out Quinton way as well.
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

normansil

« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2014, 12:37:02 PM »
What about the 9, was that not the City Circle and the 10 was that the Inner Circle?
Beorma - founder of Birmingham

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2014, 12:41:34 PM »
normans I think the inner circle was the number 8 and the out was the number 11 but you may be right there might have been a route that went round  inner brum city
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

planetmalc

« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2014, 12:43:40 PM »
My local routes were the #53 & #54 which went out to Stechford along Bordesley Green (I think one went via Deritend and the other via Fazeley Street), and the Coventry Road Routes #57 out to the Rover Works at Lode Lane, #58 to Sheldon and #60 to Cranes Park Estate.

Going-to-work buses were the #28 (City to Great Barr via Small Heath, Ward End, Castle Bromwich, Erdington & Short Heath), and the Tyburn Road Routes #66 to Pype Hayes and #67 to Castle Vale.   

planetmalc

« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2014, 12:45:34 PM »
normans I think the inner circle was the number 8 and the out was the number 11 but you may be right there might have been a route that went round  inner brum city

The City Circle was #19, Inner Circle was #8 and Outer Circle was #11.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2014, 12:55:20 PM »
45 41  one went to westheath (45) and the 41 went to turvesgreen the 45 went via the man in the moon now the man on the moon the 41  turned off just before kings norton then via stapelodg

Alfie.H.

« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2014, 10:10:32 PM »
Hi all,

There used to be #34, though I think this was a 'part time' servis as it only seemed to run mornings & early evenings. I think it followed the same route as #33 from Finchley Rd. terminus in Kingstanding to city centre.

I think the #25 ran from West Bromwich to Sutton Coldfield via Kingstanding, this later became #451. I'm sure this route was operated by West Bromwich transport #29, the bus colour could've been green, but I could be wrong. I'm sure someone can correct this.

Alfie

planetmalc

« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2014, 01:35:01 PM »
Hi all,
         I think the #25 ran from West Bromwich to Sutton Coldfield via Kingstanding, this later became #451. I'm sure this route was operated by West Bromwich transport #29, the bus colour could've been green, but I could be wrong. I'm sure someone can correct this.
                                                                         Alfie

Harper's of Heath Hayes ran green buses on the north side of Brum  -  maybe it was one of their routes.     I've been on the #451 and it's an interesting ride! O0 

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2014, 01:38:01 PM »
malc  this 48 and 49 bus rout where did the bus terminate its doing my head in  was it by the dog track at kings heath is the the knob pub

planetmalc

« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2014, 01:38:23 PM »
Going-to-work buses were.............the Tyburn Road Routes #66 to Pype Hayes and #67 to Castle Vale.

I think the #64 travelled along the same roads as far as Salford Bridge and then carried on up Gravelly lane to Erdington.

planetmalc

« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2014, 01:44:25 PM »
malc  this 48 and 49 bus rout where did the bus terminate its doing my head in  was it by the dog track at kings heath is the the knob pub

I never used them, roy.    It would make sense if one of them went to the Kings Heath dog track via Leopold Street (which the #50 avoided).       

I've got books at home with all the routes in, but looking at them would be cheating  -  if not knowing is destroying your life I could look it up and PM you later in the week! ;D

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy