Author Topic: Birmingham bus routes and their number.  (Read 74616 times)

James-Paul Orr-Easdon

Re: Birmingham bus routes and their number.
« Reply #198 on: May 15, 2017, 06:31:42 PM »

bus numbers ;  1, 2 , 3, 5 , 6, 7, 9, 10,11, 18,21,28,30,31,34,37,38,40,41,42,44,45,46,47,48,50,x50,51,55,57,60,61,61,63,64,65,66,67,68,69,79,80.81,83,87,97,101,124,170,114,x20,
I know these as i'm in b'ham city center nearly every day.

thre's loads of buses,  look up nxbus ,  centro journey planner , etc.

hope this helps,  o'h  the 97 from city center down Digbeth and I think down the Coventry Rd pass the blues ground

davidc

« Reply #199 on: May 27, 2017, 10:06:45 AM »
Jeremy's right. We should bring buses back into public ownership. They're a PUBLIC service for heavens sake!!!!
Power corrupts

vamann

« Reply #200 on: May 27, 2017, 03:35:19 PM »
Jeremy's right. We should bring buses back into public ownership. They're a PUBLIC service for heavens sake!!!!
One of the reasons bus services have been cut is due to council subsidies being removed which then makes that route no longer profitable.  There are two types of routes, commercial and tendered, commercial routes receive no subsidies as the number of passengers provide sufficient income to profitably run that service, tendered routes rely on subsidies so when these subsidies are withdrawn the service runs at a loss.  One way to provide better services would be to increase council tax, which of course no one wants.

davidc

« Reply #201 on: May 28, 2017, 10:02:10 AM »
Vamann. Public transport is a national issue and should be funded from central government. Jeremy is right.
Power corrupts

vamann

« Reply #202 on: May 28, 2017, 08:30:30 PM »
Vamann. Public transport is a national issue and should be funded from central government. Jeremy is right.
Who provides the funds to subsidise non profitable routes, yes you've guessed it the taxpayer.  Personally I believe I pay more than enough in taxes and would prefer my council tax, income tax and VAT to remain as is, if you really believe "Jeremy" can do all he proposes without increases to our taxes you must surely be living in cloud cuckoo land.  I have no wish to support any political party as, in my opinion, they are all out for whatever they can get but I certainly don't want the country to be on the verge of bankruptcy once again when under Labour.

Coastal

« Reply #203 on: May 28, 2017, 10:31:30 PM »
If it ever comes back out of private control, the costs will go through the roof, I have seen it from the other way round, before privatisation money wasn't the main concern, and not just from the profit making side, even more so from the running cost, which would definitely go up,
one of the main non privatised operations is the NHS, and we all know how efficiently that runs, more managers than nursing staff.

an ex WMPTE / TWM / National Express Buses employee
Do unto others before they do unto you.

davidc

« Reply #204 on: May 29, 2017, 12:30:23 PM »
Both blinkered views. Public ownership of the country's assets is the only way to a fairer society. There are over a million millionaires in the UK and yet still there are homeless sleeping on our streets. Tax the wealthy and take back ownership  from the shareholders.
Power corrupts

Coastal

« Reply #205 on: May 29, 2017, 12:52:15 PM »
I bet you wouldn't be saying that if you were a millionaire.

There will always be rich people, there will always be poor people,
and I know which one I would rather be.

davidc

« Reply #206 on: May 29, 2017, 02:43:18 PM »
Bring back serfdom eh Coastal?
Power corrupts

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #207 on: May 29, 2017, 03:46:53 PM »
 :) Hello all,I new on this thread.can anyone tell me when a person with a Bus Pass gets on a Bus is there a different rate if you travel just one stop or say 5.And who sets the rates.is it 1£for 1 stop
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Coastal

« Reply #208 on: May 29, 2017, 04:23:10 PM »
The fare system has changed a lot over the years, most routes used to be based on how many fare stages you travelled, certain stops are designated as fare stages (usually there were 3 to 4 stops in between stages) but depending on the type of bus pass, they are usually free or prepaid,

the minimum fare was 1 stage, you could travel from one stage to the next (or anywhere inbetween)

If you pass a stage it's the next fare up, so you could go from stage 1 to stage 3, but if you get on at the stop before a stage then get off the stop after, the same fare applies,

I have posted this picture before but it might help, the 1979 Outer Circle fare calculator:

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy