Author Topic: Birmingham bus routes and their number.  (Read 74867 times)

vamann

Re: Birmingham bus routes and their number.
« Reply #209 on: May 30, 2017, 08:29:58 AM »
:) Hello all,I new on this thread.can anyone tell me when a person with a Bus Pass gets on a Bus is there a different rate if you travel just one stop or say 5.And who sets the rates.is it 1£for 1 stop

As you now only place your pass upto the ticket machine and give no destination then it must be a set rate for the length of that bus route.  Some years ago when the free travel passes were introduced the subsidy the bus company received was 87 pence per journey, would imagine this has probably increased with inflation.

vamann

« Reply #210 on: May 30, 2017, 08:42:28 AM »
Both blinkered views. Public ownership of the country's assets is the only way to a fairer society. There are over a million millionaires in the UK and yet still there are homeless sleeping on our streets. Tax the wealthy and take back ownership  from the shareholders.
Not sure who's the blinkered one here ?  Many of the Millionaires provide a large proportion of employment in this country, increase their taxes and where do you think your funding for all these wonderful plans your Jeremy has, yes you've guessed correctly, abroad together with all the jobs these companies and millionaires provide leaving even more unemployed and the country bankrupt once again.

Coastal

« Reply #211 on: May 30, 2017, 09:12:14 AM »
I agree vamann, and how can someone who keeps quoting Jeremy, accuse anybody else of having blinkered views  :-[
Do unto others before they do unto you.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #212 on: July 20, 2017, 02:30:19 PM »
Climbing down off the soapbox and back onto the bus here are three images of the c1961 cross Birmingham bus the 29a. Starting at Collingwood Drive Pheasey Estate terminus, then travelling up Corporation Street and finally at the Hall Green terminus outside the Baldwin Arms on Baldwins Lane.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

davidc

« Reply #213 on: July 20, 2017, 04:57:14 PM »
Phil thanks for these beautiful pictures. They evoke more populist times.
Power corrupts

Scipio

« Reply #214 on: July 25, 2017, 09:07:28 PM »
The no 96 originally going back to the 1950's ran from Birmingham City centre to Winson Green , I did see some years ago a 96 but the destination wasn't Winson Green . No 1A used to go to Edgbaston just past the cricket ground, no3 used to go to Ridgacre Lane Harborne  . No6 Sandon Road not far from Lightwoods Park I used this bus everyday 1960-64 going to school, no 7 Portland Road Edgbaston , no 8 Inner Circle , no 9 Quinton . No 10 escapes me for the moment ,no 11 Outer Circle . There was also a no 19 which went from somewhere in town to Barford road just short of Dudley road
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #215 on: July 25, 2017, 09:49:57 PM »
Hi Scipio

Welcome to the forum

According to the information I have the number 96 bus started from Congreve Street in the city and terminated at Foundry Rd Winson Green the 96a, 96b, & 96c did slightly different length journeys.

The number 1 ran from Congreve Street through Edgbaston & Moseley to Acocks Green.

The number 3 ran from the City to the junction of Ridgacre Lane & Quinton Road West.

Number 6 City to Sandon Road.

The number 7 was a short run Number 5 and ran from the City to the Ivy Bush Hagley Road.

The Number 8 inner circle.

The Number 9 City to College Rd, Ridgacre Rd Junction Quinton.

The Number 10 City to Gorsy Quinton.

The Number 11 The Outer Circle.

The Number 19 was the City Circle  that did a circular route close into the city
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #216 on: July 25, 2017, 10:25:40 PM »

the bus with a tad of fog

each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

townie

« Reply #217 on: January 31, 2018, 08:59:47 AM »
I've been all though this thread but cant find a no4 bus. Does anyone know if there was a No4 bus that ran in Birmingham
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

wideload

« Reply #218 on: February 02, 2018, 08:30:32 PM »
hi townie,
no.4 bus started in the 6o's and ran from Cotteridge to the fold shops on Poolfarm estate Kings Norton, every 15 minutes in each direction.

Coastal

« Reply #219 on: February 02, 2018, 10:08:32 PM »
There was a number 4 service in the Solihull area, I can't remember the details but I think it went from Birmingham then via Cheswick Green and Monkspath to Solihull.
Do unto others before they do unto you.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy