Author Topic: Regent Row, Jewellery Quarter - help?  (Read 3040 times)

Phil

• Global Moderator
Re: Regent Row, Jewellery Quarter - help?
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 04:09:18 PM »
Andy Capp,

I have had to visit the Jewellery quarter every week since Christmas for one reason another. With the amount of trade I have seen going on there, it dosent look like they are having hard times to me. In fact I didn't see one empty shop or workshop.

Phil
Make Love Not War

Phil

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2008, 01:17:43 PM »
Empty,

If you look back in on the site, I've found you a snap of Regents Row taken in 1900. I knew I'd find one if I kept looking. I hope you had a successful day Sunday and you found what you were looking for.

Phil
Make Love Not War

Empty

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2008, 04:05:09 PM »
Well, Phil,
I went to Regent Row with my pal on Saturday instead so there were people about to ask. Took a few pics and then my pal dragged me away to the front of the building on Warstone Lane! We went up the stairs, through an opening and found we were in the old workshop area, looking down into Regent Row. It looks like they knocked through about 100 years ago and put a portable wooden staircase (only 3 steps!) against it. We were amazes, but even more so when we spoke to a guy working there who had no idea where Regent Row is - despite the road sign you photographed being next to the entrance to his building!!!
Anyway, we fared better in the adjacent alleyway in the cafe called 24 Carat. The owner told us about the workshops in her back yard which turned out to be the washhouses for the Regent Row. My camera has been working overtime but I'll have to wait till I use up the film to see the pics!
Empty

Phil

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2008, 05:33:42 PM »
Empty

glad to hear you had a good day, if you are able when you get your film developed, See if you can put a couple up on the site so we can have a look

Phil
Make Love Not War