Author Topic: River Cole  (Read 23931 times)

TPT.50

Re: River Cole
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2016, 08:39:16 AM »
Townie,   Fair play to you, I personally don't think I could do the walk myself but what a great idea, I wish you all the very best of luck, hopefully you will show us stage by stage of your trek by way of a photo diary?

Regards,      Tony.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2016, 08:46:08 AM »
As youngsters we used to play in the River Cole by the Stratford zRoad, Hall Green.

hi dougmcgill well you can bet your life our paths have crossed just up from the waterfall was a deep hole that we used to swim in  and iv also been on a raft left by others  I used to have a mate that lived in springfield  so we was always down the river
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

frederick

« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2016, 11:22:01 AM »
townie,
I would be up for that walk, but I live to far away. I would have a 212 mile journey to get there.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

townie

« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2016, 11:47:24 AM »
townie,
I would be up for that walk, but I live to far away. I would have a 212 mile journey to get there.

Fred I certainly wouldn't ask you to walk there. LOL
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

townie

« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2018, 05:37:01 PM »
Well I never got round to doing the walk and I don't think I ever will shame. Fishing in the Cole I don't think anyone would have caught any fish maybe the odd stickleback with your net. Wonder if Sticklebacks are still around? 

Keith c mace.

« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2018, 04:05:19 PM »
Regarding types of fish in the River Cole,I can recall kids fishing with a "drag-net" and catching a Bullnose or Millers thumb…..They though that it was a whale.....KC.

townie

« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2018, 10:18:20 PM »
Regarding types of fish in the River Cole,I can recall kids fishing with a "drag-net" and catching a Bullnose or Millers thumb…..They though that it was a whale.....KC.

What part of the Cole was that KC?

Keith c mace.

« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2019, 10:14:56 AM »
Hi Townie, It was near to Slade Lane.Upstream of Trittiford Park...In the fifties I suppose....KC.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2019, 11:22:43 AM »

happy new year

the river cole and fishing   now just up river from the bridge on the stratford road Springfield's  there was one or two deep hols about  6 to 8 foot deep and we used to swim in and mess about and go fishing with a bent pin and a warm and we used to catch little fish  then one day one of our gang got a real fishing hook and some line and we went fishing in the deep hole the first fish that we got was a daddy ruff  and it was on the hook   in the Couse of that morning we had a bigger fish but we did not know what it was  it was about four inch long to us it was the biggest fish we had ever seen in the river it turned out to be a small roach
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

townie

« Reply #64 on: January 02, 2019, 02:49:35 PM »
I suppose that the Cole was cleaner in some parts than others. I know one thing you wouldn't have caught much round our end of the river apart from cholera.

Keith c mace.

« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2019, 04:14:47 PM »

We used to swim in the Cole,but the one thing that ALWAYS cleared the water of kids was the dreaded LEECHES.....KC.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy