Author Topic: Old tattoo artists in Brum ?  (Read 6731 times)

frederick

Re: Old tattoo artists in Brum ?
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2018, 08:33:05 AM »
Modesty, There was a men wearing shorts yesterday and it was cold so he could show off his leg tattoos......it just shows some people are barmy.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Phil

• Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2018, 10:50:48 AM »
Judith

It's your right to do whatever you like with your body, and it's no business of anybody else but yourself. If you like body art and piercings then it's down to you. There are many kinds of prejudice in this world, and I'm afraid this is just another example of the way some people think we should all fall in with what they class as normal.

Now having said that I have to admit that as I have got older I have grown to like my own tattoos less and less and have even got to a point where I have thought about having a couple of them removed. There again that is not because of what anybody has said to me. In fact I don't think anybody has mentioned them to me for years now, but it's simply because I think they are not me anymore.
Make Love Not War

JudithM

« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2018, 01:37:58 PM »

Now having said that I have to admit that as I have got older I have grown to like my own tattoos less and less and have even got to a point where I have thought about having a couple of them removed. There again that is not because of what anybody has said to me. In fact I don't think anybody has mentioned them to me for years now, but it's simply because I think they are not me anymore.
Yes, we all change, and what was relevant & meaningful to someone once might not be in the future.  Many people get tattoos covered or removed.  At least you have that option these days, although I think the laser treatment is fairly costly & it will take a few sessions to fade them completely.
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

Phil

• Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2018, 03:07:13 PM »
Judith

I have seen the results of several attempted tattoo removals on various people and what I saw was not a very good advertisement for tattoo removal as often the result was worse than the tattoo itself. Mind you it might be different now. This is why I have never bothered to have it done.
Make Love Not War

JudithM

« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2018, 02:24:55 PM »
Judith

I have seen the results of several attempted tattoo removals on various people and what I saw was not a very good advertisement for tattoo removal as often the result was worse than the tattoo itself. Mind you it might be different now. This is why I have never bothered to have it done.
Maybe it depends on where you go (and of course different people's skin will react differently to others).  I've seen some really good results (both on tv & in person).  These days they use lasers to break down the ink into smaller molecules which the body can then absorb. It would take several treatments to completely fade a tattoo & of course it depends on how dark it was to start off with.  I'd also imagine the type of ink originally used is a factor as well.
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"