Author Topic: Old tattoo artists in Brum ?  (Read 16725 times)

frederick

Re: Old tattoo artists in Brum ?
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2014, 06:31:07 PM »
The long ones on the arm, are they fashioned on the holocaust, if it is it is sick to have them.  >:(   Do people think before they have them put on or is their brain scrambled egg.    :o
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

townie

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2014, 06:43:50 PM »
I have lots of tattoos I don't regret them and there's nothing I can do about them. I know this is being sexist but I hate to see tattoos on women. They probably feel the same about men. 
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

townie

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2014, 09:33:15 PM »
I knew a tattooist once in Saltly name of Pats he was the worst tattooist I ever new. The only time he was open was when the pub shut.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

zozo

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2014, 06:48:34 PM »
Not so long ago, about ten years, I had my first tattoo done at the age of 48. I had three brothers and used to be so annoyed when I was watching them having theirs done. We lived in South Africa at the time and it was an absolute no go for the members of the opposite sex. When I finally returned to the city of my birth many years later, I decided to indulge myself. I had it done at a tattoo shop in Erdington. Down a side street and I cannot for the life of me remember the guys name. Very well done. I have never regretted it even though my kids thought I was crazy. Anyone know the name of the shop?

maggie

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2014, 05:57:31 AM »
Was never brave enough to face the tattoo needle,
Grand daughter has the only one in the family and thats very discreet on  the shoulder of her left arm and its  a very
pretty yellow butterfly.. I don't have a nose pierced but yes
I have my ear done ,Perso nally I quitel ike some of the pictures , they all if one knows  tell a story
do unto others as you would be done by

Ray Harrison

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2014, 07:48:33 AM »
Back in the 60s a lot of bikers had tattoos and ears pieced as I did I liked the statement it made . For most of us these fads drop of to a large extent. now I am joe average but like being a brummie , No regrets.
BUD

frederick

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2014, 09:37:57 AM »
I think the ones women have put on their legs to camouflage vericous veins is a good idea.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

maggie

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2014, 10:22:59 AM »
Well at present lucky that I am I don't need to
cover my legs, they are,nt to bad
do unto others as you would be done by

Steve

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2014, 01:57:37 PM »
I knew a tattooist once in Saltly name of Pats he was the worst tattooist I ever new. The only time he was open was when the pub shut.
He was on Nechells Green when I had a tat done by him, the infamous black panther which came out nothing like the picture on the wall. It looks like across with an alligator.
 I know others who suffered the same fate including another forum member. >:(
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2014, 02:58:33 PM »
Steve

Wasn't it the cheapest tattoo in the shop that wasn't a flower or a bell or similar. I think he realised he wasn't very good at the design because he tried his best to talk you in to having something else.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Steve

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2014, 03:15:44 PM »
He didn't with me. I think he should have removed the pic off the wall in that case. Mine was done in '61.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy