Author Topic: Old tattoo artists in Brum ?  (Read 16722 times)

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Old tattoo artists in Brum ?
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2014, 07:05:04 PM »
Steve

I think I had mine done a couple of years later than that, perhaps by then he was shaking too bad with the DT's.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Paulina

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2014, 08:57:02 PM »
 :) Im afraid I hate all tattoos and nose rings, or anywhere else rings.  My Dad had tattoos, I expect from being in the war, and I thought that all men had them.  But I do hate them now, especially on girls.  In my opinion the girls want to look pretty and then spoil it with ugly tattoos. 

trapio

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2014, 09:56:28 PM »
Tattoos on women put me right off :-\ (almost  -  but not quite  -  as much as nose studs >:( ).

Me too - have seen some that are well done yet fail to ''improve'', much as cosmetics frequently defeat their purpose
Integrity is non negotiable

ajaybee

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2014, 09:38:25 PM »
Re nechells green tattooist....I had both mine done there in the 60's...there was a pub near there.  remember a drinker in there had a crock false arm it was alleged....think it was called the beehive..no trace of anything now..even the clock on the green gone

Ray Harrison

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2014, 09:42:30 PM »
Only thing on the green now is Wing Yip supermarket .
BUD

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2014, 11:16:25 AM »
ayjaybee

Where was the clock on the Green, I don't remember one. What year was it when you last saw it?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

ajaybee

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2014, 12:25:07 PM »
I seem to remember a clock on the triangle in the middle of the road...might have been an apparition after too many in the beehive..

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2014, 01:29:58 PM »
ayjaybee

As you can see from this first photo taken from the top of Bloomsbury Street (I think) there was no clock on the little island only an ornate lamppost, the other one taken from what would have been known at that time as Charles Arthur St leading on to High Park Corner.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Ray Harrison

« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2014, 01:47:12 PM »
I was trying to remember if there was a clock there or not , I did not think there was. Clocks were a thing we needed to know where they were because most of us did not have watches , plus our clocks at home were not that good . Factory hooters and whistles would tell the best time.PS , as I remember the tattooist had two good arms unfortunately neither any good for tattooing.
BUD

ajaybee

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2014, 10:28:58 PM »
thanks for the pics..your right...time fades memories....knew there was something on the island..

Keith c mace.

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2018, 02:43:26 PM »
My first tattoo was done by Johnny O'Brian(?)in the "Bingo"arcade opposite Lewis's in about 1961---It still looks as crap today...

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy