Author Topic: Old tattoo artists in Brum ?  (Read 16731 times)

Spud

Re: Old tattoo artists in Brum ?
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2018, 02:49:11 PM »
I have 3 Tattoos Dots actually. One on each hip one just below my navel. I had them when I had my Radiotherapy  3 years ago they used them to line me up with a laser prior to the treatment. I did ask if they could do 'Old Blue Eyes is back' but evidently they only do dots at The QE . ;)
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

frederick

« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2018, 03:29:56 PM »
Spud,
That the only tattoo that I know of that has a good use.    O0

Around 2000 we were on a cruise and there were a couple of women with tattoos on their arms. And at that time in evening dresses it looked rearly out of place.....we said they must work in the engine room during the day.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

mikejee

« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2018, 10:28:26 PM »
When I was in whiston hospital in Liverpool many tears ago there was soemone who had had quite serious surgery for reconstruction of his face (I think after an accident). He had  a blue mark on his cheek, though not sure if it was a tatoo . The idea was that he should be careful about there until the bones were completelybhealed. He complained bitterly that in Liverpool they would probably aim for it in a fight

JudithM

« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2018, 01:03:15 PM »
Spud,
That the only tattoo that I know of that has a good use.    O0

Around 2000 we were on a cruise and there were a couple of women with tattoos on their arms. And at that time in evening dresses it looked rearly out of place.....we said they must work in the engine room during the day.

I have tattoos on my arms & work in an office.
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

Spud

« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2018, 02:03:23 PM »
Dolly Parton once said about a lady who she was not that fond of 'At least all of her Tattoos are spelt correctly'
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2018, 02:15:31 PM »
I have tattoos on my arms & work in an office.

Judith it's quite surprising how many males still have a male chauvinistic outlook on life. I have to be honest like I was forewarned I now hate my own tattoo's intently, but it's up to each individual to make up their own minds in life, and why shouldn't a woman have a tattoo or several if she so wishes.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

frederick

« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2018, 03:45:48 PM »
In 2000 I don't think many women had tattoos, so for everyone on a cruise then would have been very surprised to see women in evening dresses with tattoos on their arms or anywhere else.You go on a cruise now and there are tattoos on most women.     :o     For some people it is not Lady like.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

townie

« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2018, 04:05:53 PM »
I have lots of tattoos and worked in an office for years. There were lots of girls with tattoos didn't bother anyone.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Peg Monkey

« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2018, 03:43:35 AM »
Heretic in a foreign land - (or at least Thread) Sorry if this hurts - Tattos (and body piercing) - I can't understand why anyone thinks body mutilation will enhance their appearance and pay good money for the suffering!
Peg.
P.S. Piercing your bits - wots that all about?!

It's far better to look back on a rejection rather than a lost opportunity.

JudithM

« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2018, 01:45:32 PM »
Heretic in a foreign land - (or at least Thread) Sorry if this hurts - Tattos (and body piercing) - I can't understand why anyone thinks body mutilation will enhance their appearance and pay good money for the suffering!
Peg.
P.S. Piercing your bits - wots that all about?!

For most, it's a form of self expression (tattoos & piercings).  Along the lines of dying your hair - mine fall into that category, they have no deep significance.

For others tattoos are a way to memorialise something or somebody.  People have tattoos to mark occasions, not just bad ones.  Yes, there are tattoos that signify the loss of a loved one, but also ones to signify change - especially when something bad has been overcome (recovering from a serious illness, getting out of an abusive relationship, the birth of a child). 

There are as many different reasons as there are people.

In 2000 I don't think many women had tattoos, so for everyone on a cruise then would have been very surprised to see women in evening dresses with tattoos on their arms or anywhere else.You go on a cruise now and there are tattoos on most women.     :o     For some people it is not Lady like.

I think 2000 is when it started to become more commonplace.  When I had my first in 1987 it was very unusual - especially for an office worker.  At the time I was the only person in the office - male or female - that had any tattoos.  Now where I work I'd say at least half the staff have them, possibly even more women than men.

Certainly when I had my first I only knew of one tattoo parlour, now most high streets have one - some more than one.
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

mikejee

« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2018, 02:52:59 PM »
Nothing against tattoos, but the high street in some places does seem to be infested with them, like nail bars, turkish barbers and estate agents

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy