Author Topic: Old tattoo artists in Brum ?  (Read 16719 times)

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Old tattoo artists in Brum ?
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2018, 06:46:50 PM »
yes. I did in 1959,even a copper standing outside advised me not to go in I was only 16, but hey I was a teddy boy, and phil, if you see this could you possibly change my username to teddy boy as teddygirl is the mrs :D how I put that in is a mystery.

Sorry but you will have to apply to our administrator "Chris" but I don't think he will do it until you have made at least five posts to the forum.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Keith c mace.

« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2018, 06:52:25 PM »
Ha ha,so I'm not the only eejit who let Mr O'Brian doodle on their skin eh?  Mine have all bled into the surrounding skin...Words or names no longer legible...Can I get my money back after fifty odd years?

Scipio

« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2018, 08:42:54 PM »
Is he going back for Robin.

No he's already met Robin Robin *******
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Scipio

« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2018, 09:03:51 PM »
In 2000 I don't think many women had tattoos, so for everyone on a cruise then would have been very surprised to see women in evening dresses with tattoos on their arms or anywhere else.You go on a cruise now and there are tattoos on most women.     :o     For some people it is not Lady like.

You don't have to go on a cruise , get on a bus you can see plenty of women with tattoos , I bet they'll look lovely when about 80yo on wasted muscle tissue why oh why. It's such a turn off .
Mark Twain

Scipio

« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2018, 09:18:25 PM »
For most, it's a form of self expression (tattoos & piercings).  Along the lines of dying your hair - mine fall into that category, they have no deep significance.

For others tattoos are a way to memorialise something or somebody.  People have tattoos to mark occasions, not just bad ones.  Yes, there are tattoos that signify the loss of a loved one, but also ones to signify change - especially when something bad has been overcome (recovering from a serious illness, getting out of an abusive relationship, the birth of a child). 

There are as many different reasons as there are people.

I think 2000 is when it started to become more commonplace.  When I had my first in 1987 it was very unusual - especially for an office worker.  At the time I was the only person in the office - male or female - that had any tattoos.  Now where I work I'd say at least half the staff have them, possibly even more women than men.

Certainly when I had my first I only knew of one tattoo parlour, now most high streets have one - some more than one.

So with that lot you've got Judith what are you trying to express , or are you expressing the fact that a woman down the road has got a tatto so you had to have one also ?
Mark Twain

Teddygirl

« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2018, 10:01:48 PM »
Ha ha,so I'm not the only eejit who let Mr O'Brian doodle on their skin eh?  Mine have all bled into the surrounding skin...Words or names no longer legible...Can I get my money back after fifty odd years?
no not the only one by far, but ur right my names have also disappeared into the abiss :)

Teddygirl

« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2018, 10:04:49 PM »

Sorry but you will have to apply to our administrator "Chris" but I don't think he will do it until you have made at least five posts to the forum.
ok phil, thank u, will wait awhile

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2018, 11:26:07 PM »
What do these tattoos prove.Wait till these people are 80 and wrinngly
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Spud

« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2018, 11:44:02 AM »
Tattoos on Cruises ? Depends much on the Cruise  Line We have cruised a few  times well quite a few times my experience is Mobility Scooters out number Tattoos
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

JudithM

« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2018, 01:29:55 PM »

So with that lot you've got Judith what are you trying to express , or are you expressing the fact that a woman down the road has got a tatto so you had to have one also ?
I started having tattoos before it was commonplace, so no, I'm not doing something because someone else is - maybe it's me that's the trendsetter?  ;D.  I wanted tattoos as long as I can remember, so when I was old enough I did.

It's all down to personal freedom & taste.  If I want to decorate my skin I can - it's nobody's business but mine.  It's not everyone's cup of tea, I get that, but just because someone personally doesn't like something, they shouldn't put down someone who does. 

I understand that decades ago there was a taboo around them & only certain sorts of people got tattoos, but that's in the past, those societal rules don't apply now.  Just as it's now perfectly acceptable for women to wear trousers.  Having a tattoo doesn't make you a certain type of person.

What do these tattoos prove.Wait till these people are 80 and wrinngly

They are not 'proving' anything.  It's not like a rite of passage or anything.

As for what they'll look like when I'm 80?????  All I can say is that modern inks don't spread nearly as much as the old ones used to - you don't end up with the blue blobs like my old Granddad's army tattoos.  I have a 31 year old tattoo, the colours have faded a little, but the lines are still as sharp as when it was first done.  There are some people in their 80's who have new tattoos anyway. 
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

Scipio

« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2018, 08:35:25 PM »
I started having tattoos before it was commonplace, so no, I'm not doing something because someone else is - maybe it's me that's the trendsetter?  ;D .  I wanted tattoos as long as I can remember, so when I was old enough I did.

It's all down to personal freedom & taste.  If I want to decorate my skin I can - it's nobody's business but mine.  It's not everyone's cup of tea, I get that, but just because someone personally doesn't like something, they shouldn't put down someone who does. 

I understand that decades ago there was a taboo around them & only certain sorts of people got tattoos, but that's in the past, those societal rules don't apply now.  Just as it's now perfectly acceptable for women to wear trousers.  Having a tattoo doesn't make you a certain type of person.

They are not 'proving' anything.  It's not like a rite of passage or anything.

Judith as to whether or not the inks run or not , I care not a jot. What I am trying to get over to you  is when you have full young muscles as you probably have now, when the muscles disappears it's going to look an absolute nonsense . With no definition at all to be distinguishable . Apart from the fact that it makes your arms and other limbs look dirty 

As for what they'll look like when I'm 80? ??? ?  All I can say is that modern inks don't spread nearly as much as the old ones used to - you don't end up with the blue blobs like my old Granddad's army tattoos.  I have a 31 year old tattoo, the colours have faded a little, but the lines are still as sharp as when it was first done.  There are some people in their 80's who have new tattoos anyway.
Mark Twain

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy