Author Topic: Birmingham  (Read 15169 times)

townie

Birmingham
« on: June 26, 2014, 12:24:57 AM »
This is in no disrespect to people who live out side Birmingham  You just ant got a clue what life is really like. It would take me 30minuts to drive into Burm and get a gun. it would take me one phone call to have  some ones knee caps blown  off. am I proud of it, no not at all just telling what life is really like  This is Reallity  and yes I can prove it Meet me and I will take you there. I put that because some people wont'.believe me.  You ant got a clue what happens in Birmingham.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

trapio

Re: Birmingham
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 12:46:26 AM »
townie,

where in brum do you live - not street, just neighbourhood?
Integrity is non negotiable

maggie

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 10:53:23 AM »
Well I don't for a minute think its  Great Barr,  eh

or have things gone rapidly down hill, many years since
I was there, is it still as boring as it ever was, one could
have died walking along the Walsall Rd and no one would
have noticed back in 60s
do unto others as you would be done by

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 12:54:45 PM »
Birmingham.  folk love to knock it  brum has always had it dark side but most big city's have it to can you buy a gun yes can you get folk knee capped yes if you know the right folk  I could give you a list of names of family's that lived on the wrong side of the law    the question is how safe do you feel living in brum then ask how safe would you feel in other big city's  I had my first car off one of the  family's and it was a freebe iv never had a problem with any of them but like all big citys if you look for trouble you will find it
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

townie

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 02:21:36 PM »
townie,

where in brum do you live - not street, just neighbourhood?
trapio I don't live in Birmingham anymore but what I can tell you if I am right, that the place I was referring to starts and end with the same letter.
And believe me I wouldn't live there rent free.

trapio

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 02:37:53 PM »
Roy,

You're right there - here there are some who are simply assassins for hire - five have been taken out of circulation in last month or so,  3 were ''caught in crossfires'' -  2 ''resisted arrest'' ; 90%+ of trouble is drug related - higher level traffickers.  This is the main drug transit point to Europe and much of US, esp Puerto Rico next door,  Once in PR you are officially in US - no more customs.

We have a large multi-modal port, a big loose cargo one, high number of international flights to EU, Eastern Europe, US, Central & South America, plus many local and 'visiting' aircraft.

In recent years, some govt functionaries have had US visas withdrawn...

Most folk know their way around, so not usually a problem other than opportunistic street crime, as almost everywhere these days.

Guns are advertised in the papers

townie

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 02:52:04 PM »
If I had a gun in 1993 I would have used it twice.

trapio

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 03:12:21 PM »
This is in no disrespect to people who live out side Birmingham  You just ant got a clue what life is really like. It would take me 30minuts to drive into Burm and get a gun. it would take me one phone call to have  some ones knee caps blown  off. am I proud of it, no not at all just telling what life is really like  This is Reallity  and yes I can prove it Meet me and I will take you there. I put that because some people wont'.believe me.  You ant got a clue what happens in Birmingham.

townie,

As I posted, have never regretted finally leaving brum in 1959 - up till '56, I had lived there in a completely different language, culture, ethnic and religious and socio-economic environment to what I expected to find in March - April this year - and I did. 

Am saddened by what parts of brum have become - equally, I met ''newer brummies'' with Caribbean, South Asian and other backgrounds.   All had homes, jobs, responsibilities etc.  Not at all 'alien' to me, as have often seen such folk in many places - I don't 'resent' their 'occupation' of 'my old end' - I happily left it for a finer future - it's theirs, and I'm glad that they're doing well, enjoying life and preserving brum.

My view may be in a minority - so what? - I chose to go, as others have done.   

Others have stayed, some for unavoidable serious reasons (and I don't mean 'grannie') and it is those I feel for.  Those that could have gone and didn't, made their beds, so like the rest of us, we lie on them - till we make another.

Joewoen

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2014, 07:12:08 PM »
Today's Telegraph informs us that Manchester City centre  is a definite no - go area at night,  totally unsafe.  I doubt  if Manchester is unique in this respect.   This is just the modern world.

Paulina

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 08:43:41 PM »
 :o  Very sad by the sound of all the problems mentioned.  When I was young, quite a few years ago, but Birmingham was a very safe city.  I never had a problem nor any of my friends.  Went to dances, no problems there, and if I went into the city, had to get a  bus home, no problems as I ran from bus to home. ( must say my Mother would usually then be waiting at the top of the hill I was running up).  But a safe city in all respects. Hate to hear of all the sad changes. :(

Ray Harrison

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2014, 02:37:44 PM »
I think Brum is a safe city ,most big cities  have there problems. I remember back in 1990 if you asked me the price to hurt someone I could have told you because a guy in a Kingstanding  pub told me in detail . From beating up£150 to bumping off £2000.  by the way kneecapping was £350.  This could be anywhere in the world. Maybe cheaper now done by these new commers.
BUD

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy