Author Topic: Birmingham  (Read 15180 times)

Spud

Re: Birmingham
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2014, 08:50:11 PM »
This is an awful incident. I hate to think what the rest of the country thinks about dear old Brum.
I had the unfortunate task [not out of choice] to have to take my Wife to a Clinic in the Gladstone Rd /  Farm Rd area last year. We felt as if we had stepped into another country. For once in my life time of living in Birmingham I felt intimidated as for my wife she vowed that she would never attend the clinic ever again. The area is nothing more than a ghetto. I don't know how we are going to rid ourselves of this carbuncle but something must be done.
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

townie

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2014, 09:21:11 PM »
Isn't it  funny how people have different experiences. Some people can go in a car park at 1.30 in the morning a ask a group of youths how to get into the car park. Not a problem 

I am not normally out and about in the city in the evenings. On a recent visit to the city I caught a night bus from Aston to city after 1:00 am and neither my wife or I had any cause for concern. Not a Problem

I had the unfortunate task [not out of choice] to have to take my Wife to a Clinic in the Gladstone Rd /  Farm Rd area last year. We felt as if we had stepped into another country. For once in my life time of living in Birmingham I felt intimidated as for my wife she vowed that she would never attend the clinic ever again. And you didn't feel safe in the day time Problem 
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

trapio

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2014, 10:39:13 PM »
Why are we being pushed from our Cities. This is supposed to be our country but we are not being allowed to walk the streets without fear for our lives. Its about time the government and the people of our country stood up and was counted.

townie you answer your own question
Integrity is non negotiable

townie

« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2014, 11:43:09 PM »
Its a pity a lot more people don't think like me. We might get our country back. The government are looking at investment building HS2 the only people to benefit are the investors not you or I, Arguing over Europe if its that bad get us out of there. There is a lot more but I would be here all night., If they want to build for the future give the young ones a chance, build house's were they can live and hopefully prosper. Jobs will come with demand. 
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

trapio

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2014, 02:03:00 AM »
townie,

Because most people adopt an alekefic ''it's ok if you think so'' approach in John's immortal words - which mean 'you should know what's right - so you can think for me' -

people do nothing of substance until....''yow'd never believe what they've gone and done now, would ya? - anyway, it's too late now  ya know''  -  '' Don't know whar its all cummin to - yow gorany ideas''

That's a fair summation of what has been allowed to happen - and not only in brum -it's the old, old lesson, never trust politicians without checking up on them a good few times.

frederick

« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2014, 11:06:10 AM »
When you think about it 30 years ago no one new what these were,
Al- qaeda, Jihadist's, Isis, burqa, Imam....but it is part of British life now the world has changed for the worst    :(    :o   
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

trapio

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2014, 04:39:37 AM »

Fred,

You're NOT wrong, mate O0

planetmalc

« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2014, 04:55:19 PM »

Can you believe what's going on with Eurostar at the moment?     They're looking for a foreign buyer for a 40% stake in the business, which they hope will raise £300million to ease public debt.............and the people doing this are the same people who're telling us we need to build HS2 (real cost at least £100BILLION). :o 
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

maggie

« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2014, 08:31:29 AM »
No fool like a big fool,  whose expense tho?
do unto others as you would be done by

planetmalc

« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2014, 04:36:31 PM »

I'm beginning to think that these sell-offs are a way of getting money out of our pockets and into the public coffers, without the culprits losing power.     Governments know that if they tried to raise taxes to get many extra billions in the kitty, then they'd be ensconced on the Opposition benches within 5 years, but if they get us to buy the executives' train set, and then sell it off to their business chums at a knock-down price a few years later, then the money raised will end up in the public purse just as surely as if we'd been taxed to get it  -  and the Government that did it might still cling to power (courtesy of their chums in the right-wing media). >:(
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

Ray Harrison

« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2014, 06:03:08 PM »
Selling Eurostar in the private sector means higher fares plus the same problems we have now. During the last lot of private sell offs the "who pays for this " words rung out. The first to suffer was Track maintainance.  I am not going to buy a  rail ticket and not get a seat on a long journey.
BUD

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy