Author Topic: Baker Street Small Heath  (Read 2058 times)

jobeth

Baker Street Small Heath
« on: July 11, 2014, 06:10:10 PM »
Hi everyone,
My mom has set me a challenge!
She says she's never seen or been able to get hold of a picture of Baker Street in Small Heath (by Muntz Street and Grange Road). Her family name is Cowan, and she was birn there in 1947.
Can anyone please help?!

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Baker Street Small Heath
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 06:21:36 PM »
Hi Jobeth

Welcome to the forum, Sorry I can't help you with a photo of Baker Street. Best of luck with your search.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

townie

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 10:02:09 PM »
Hi Jobeth I have looked through a lot a books on Small Heath and cant find any info on Baker Street. But that's not to say I won't stop looking.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

planetmalc

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 04:35:46 PM »
Hi everyone,
My mom has set me a challenge!
She says she's never seen or been able to get hold of a picture of Baker Street in Small Heath (by Muntz Street and Grange Road). Her family name is Cowan, and she was birn there in 1947.
Can anyone please help?!

Is she related to Tom & Mary Cowan of 2 back of 31 Baker Street?

Baker Street photo's are really rare   -   I only know of around half-a-dozen.    One has been published in Alton Douglas' 'Birmingham in the Fifties Vol 2' on page 20, showing the Nelson Pub (corner of Baker Street and Grange Road), but only part of the pub and none of the actual street is visible.     There is a better one elsewhere on the 'net (shows part of the street, but not the side your mom lived on).

I was living in Muntz Street in 1947, pretty much opposite Baker Street and am in touch with several Baker Street residents via the internet.
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy