Author Topic: Photos Mary Street Balsall Heath before demolision in late 1960s  (Read 25210 times)

Andy Capp

Hi All. Has anyone any photo's Of Mary Street Balsall Heath before demolision

Paulina

Re: Photos Mary Street Balsall Heath before demolision in late 1960s
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 09:20:13 PM »
 :) Andy Capp, I would love to see some too.  Used to live there with my Grandparents, then they were bombed out.  My Mother and I had not long moved out, but my Grandparents were there at the bombing/  Neighbours were killed but they were o.k. but never had a home of their own again.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 09:28:16 PM »
Andy & Paulina

Which side of Edward Rd do you want, I have some of both sides I will post them tomorrow.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 12:14:04 PM »
The posh end of Mary Street.

Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 03:29:02 PM »
The other end of Mary Street.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Paulina

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 08:43:43 PM »
 :) Hi Phil, thankyou for the pictures, have been sitting staring at them.  I can tell you where I lived, 41 Mary Street, a few houses from Mary St.School, which was also bombed.  Across the street was a small store, candy, pickles, (I used to fetch a cup of pickled onions), I was only very young, no traffic. And then there was a place called Ivorys where I went with my Grandfather to fetch a jug of beer!!!!!!! Happy days actually, my parents were separated and my Mother and I lived with my Grandparents. :)

trapio

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 11:40:11 PM »
Phul,

As I often went to Mary St because granddad plays cards at the School in 1950s, I got to know the area  quite well, so thanks for these memories O0
Integrity is non negotiable

Paulina

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 03:55:32 PM »
 ::) The original Mary St.School was only 3 or 4 houses away from us. Each morning I remember the teacher asking me "Did Peter hit you this morning"? "Yes" I always said, and poor Peter had a slap from the teacher! :)

cocacolakid

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2014, 06:15:07 PM »
::) The original Mary St.School was only 3 or 4 houses away from us. Each morning I remember the teacher asking me "Did Peter hit you this morning"? "Yes" I always said, and poor Peter had a slap from the teacher! :)

Paulina...

What was Peter's surname??

Malc.
Every day is a gift, that's why they call it the present.

Paulina

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2014, 08:38:49 PM »
 :) Malc, I dont know Peter's surname but he was in trouble each morning for hitting me!!!!. Are you Peter?  I dont remember anything about Peter except each morning we went through this routine.  I dont remember being upset about it, my Mom must have told the teacher!

:)

cocacolakid

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2014, 09:40:09 AM »
:) Malc, I dont know Peter's surname but he was in trouble each morning for hitting me!!!!. Are you Peter?  I dont remember anything about Peter except each morning we went through this routine.  I dont remember being upset about it, my Mom must have told the teacher!

Paulina..

No, I am not Peter.  I don't know what period you are talking about, but when I went to Mary St, 1949 to 54, the only Peter I knew at Mary St in that time was Peter Skidmore, who lived in Cox St. I would not have thought of him as a bully, but just wondered.

Malc.

Every day is a gift, that's why they call it the present.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy