Author Topic: kraft finished with cadbury  (Read 7010 times)

wetdog

kraft finished with cadbury
« on: August 03, 2014, 09:24:08 AM »
kraft have finished with cadbury (taking the parts they wanted) they are about to sell it to Pepsico

Ray Harrison

Re: kraft finished with cadbury
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 02:39:01 PM »
I see Craft or there new mumbojumbo name are doing what they do best again. 350 jobs to go soon under the pretext that the factory is out dated and needs new auto fast production system, What a load of bull . What will happen is 350 people (old hands) go on the never work again pile and the new system is installed ,They claim back the Vat for the new track and 12 months later it gets moved to mainland Europe. All the rest of job go out the door and Craft claim euros cash for setting up in Estonia/Poland/ etc. Three card trick again . Should never have sold Cadburys in the first place. Three years time it will have been flattened and another shopping centre there..
BUD

planetmalc

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 03:18:22 PM »
I see Craft or there new mumbojumbo name are doing what they do best again. 350 jobs to go soon under the pretext that the factory is out dated and needs new auto fast production system, What a load of bull . What will happen is 350 people (old hands) go on the never work again pile and the new system is installed ,They claim back the Vat for the new track and 12 months later it gets moved to mainland Europe. All the rest of job go out the door and Craft claim euros cash for setting up in Estonia/Poland/ etc. Three card trick again . Should never have sold Cadburys in the first place. Three years time it will have been flattened and another shopping centre there..

Terrible! >:(      And the Yanks are supposed to be our allies! :o
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

trapio

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 05:09:36 PM »
don't worry malc, it's ''friendly fire'' :2funny:
Integrity is non negotiable

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 05:22:36 PM »
Birmingham-based chocolate maker Cadbury has warned jobs will be cut despite a £75m investment in its Bournville headquarters.

The money - earmarked for modernising machinery - will be released over three years and is expected to secure the future of the site.

But a spokesman for the firm said he believed there would be a reduction its workforce as a result of the changes.

The Unite trade union said it hoped any job losses would be voluntary.

Cadbury said investment would bring four new production lines to the Bournville plant, which opened in 1879.

The business was taken over by American food giant Kraft in 2010.
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

stephenginns

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2014, 11:37:27 PM »
Anybody noticed:
   Proliferation of new product lines recently at Cadburys
   Allowing other companies to use the Brand
   Bar weight  getting smaller

Sure signs of panic marketing and desperate measures to increase sales and margins at the risk of destroying brand value

townie

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 03:56:56 AM »
Nothing new for the yanks Just another step to take over England.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Akatarawa

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2014, 04:42:10 AM »
Cadbury New Zealand took a big hit a few years ago when they started putting palm oil in the chocolate, sales slumped.

Local chocolate manufacturer Whitakers, who make superb chocolate, benefited greatly from Cadbury's bad publicity and their oily foul tasting chocolate.

Whitakers scored a recent coup by having Nigella Lawson out to advertise for them.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/2758975/Cadbury-stops-using-palm-oil-in-chocolate

Ray Harrison

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2014, 08:43:47 AM »
Cadbury New Zealand took a big hit a few years ago when they started putting palm oil in the chocolate, sales slumped.

Local chocolate manufacturer Whitakers, who make superb chocolate, benefited greatly from Cadbury's bad publicity and their oily foul tasting chocolate.

Whitakers scored a recent coup by having Nigella Lawson out to advertise for them.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/2758975/Cadbury-stops-using-palm-oil-in-chocolate
I have a big dislike for Palm Oil . Some time back I went back to eating Butter its better for you than these oils . I have saw thousands of acres of forest cut down to replant with Palm trees and the problems they bring with them eg,rats and snakes other virmin, its all MONEY again.
BUD

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2014, 09:36:02 AM »
the  Cadburys chocolate that we know and love has gone the taste is different  the last time I had a bar of   Cadburys chocolate I could not eat it

what they have done to it I do not know Cadburys was the place to work it was the pride of Birmingham Cadburys chocolate was noted to be the best tasting chocolate  in the world     why try and fix something if its not broke ?
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

maggie

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2014, 09:50:00 AM »
Akatarawa stole my bit, however I agree with him,
Whitakers and Nestle are the sellers here. there are also a couple of local Hamilton companies thatmake a nice tasty
chocolate, their Easter Eggs are great but I think they supply mainly locally .Must  admit I love Mars bars
do unto others as you would be done by

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy