Author Topic: kraft finished with cadbury  (Read 7008 times)

Spud

Re: kraft finished with cadbury
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2014, 11:42:52 AM »
It is dreadful what Kraft are doing to Cadburys . I know from experience what can happen when your Employer or Pension Provider is taken over by an American Company. My old Company Lucas were taken over some parts were split up but the factory for who I worked were taken over by an US Company TRW who to be fair do have Factories in the UK. I have been retired 17 years when I retired there was an excess in the Pension Fund so our future was assured within 10 years the excess became a shortfall and to be fair TRW propped up the fund. Recently we have received what seems to be a fairly generous offer to buy off some the old Lucas Pensioners. To complicate things further TRW has now been taken over by a German Company I just wonder what might happen to us old Lucas pensioners.
I just hope that the Cadbury Pensioners who like the old Lucas Pensioners enjoyed the benefits of an excellent Pension scheme  will have some firm assurance about their pensions.
To make my own situation clear I decided to opt out of the Lucas/ TRW scheme and take up  the offer from a very large Insurance Group so my future pension is guaranteed but I had to think long and hard and take professional advice be taking the decision.
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

townie

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2014, 11:51:20 AM »
That's what you get when you let the yanks in.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

planetmalc

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2014, 01:37:45 PM »
the  Cadburys chocolate that we know and love has gone the taste is different  the last time I had a bar of   Cadburys chocolate I could not eat it

what they have done to it I do not know Cadburys was the place to work it was the pride of Birmingham Cadburys chocolate was noted to be the best tasting chocolate  in the world     why try and fix something if its not broke ?

Rules  -  probably EU rules  -  and complaints by the French >:( , resulted in Cadbury's having to up the cocoa content of their chocolate so that it could still be called 'chocolate', so gone is the lovely creamy taste of the old stuff (which was loaded up with milk) and now we have to put up with the bitter taste of a high-cocoa product. :-\           

I bought a large tube of Smarties recently and was pleasantly-surprised to find that it tasted a lot more like my childhood-era Smarties did.     Lets hope it's a new recipe and not a faulty batch. O0
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

Mogmeister

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2014, 05:06:08 PM »
It was only a matter of time , Kraft had no real interest in the product or the workforce , just how to line their pockets and make more money  >:( .

Ray Harrison

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2014, 06:47:23 PM »
Mog ,I quite agree every one knew what was going to happen from the start . what they promise is Bull . It is easy to move production Lines .
BUD

trapio

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2014, 08:10:32 PM »
Anybody noticed:
   Proliferation of new product lines recently at Cadburys
   Allowing other companies to use the Brand
   Bar weight  getting smaller

Sure signs of panic marketing and desperate measures to increase sales and margins at the risk of destroying brand value

Spot on good post - such 'overseas panics' are hallmarks of US outfits having a hard time back home - they're pulling up the drawbridge
Integrity is non negotiable

maggie

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2014, 08:27:35 PM »
Townie seems to have a down on Americans amongst others,   did a "Yank" steal his girl during the war,  never mind then, that's water under the bridge....
Remember the Americans have their own hotheads ,thieves,
price wars etc and what with that and WALMART to my
mind have enough problems without being hated by the "Poms""

Also remember we have Americans as members of this forum, politeness pays..
do unto others as you would be done by

Paulina

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2014, 09:06:13 PM »
kraft have finished with cadbury (taking the parts they wanted) they are about to sell it to Pepsico
  That is so sad,  at one time Cadburys was the only chocolate thought of in England, because then, it was the best.  Yes, too bad that it was sold in the first place. 

trapio

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2014, 03:12:14 PM »
Kraft by name, Krafty by nature.................. >:(
Integrity is non negotiable

Paulina

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2014, 04:09:21 PM »
Townie seems to have a down on Americans amongst others,   did a "Yank" steal his girl during the war,  never mind then, that's water under the bridge....
Remember the Americans have their own hotheads ,thieves,
price wars etc and what with that and WALMART to my
mind have enough problems without being hated by the "Poms""

Also remember we have Americans as members of this forum, politeness pays..
Maggie, do you want members of the Forum,  English Forum by the way, to have to think twice before mentioning another country incase they might offend someone on the Forum, from that country.  I dont think so, isnt that what a lot of English people are complaining about, having to  always consider other Nationalities, i.e. schools, etc., before they say what is on their mind.  Townie said what was on his mind at that time, not directed to any one person, just how he sees that other country. We all have that right Maggie. 

loopyloulou

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2015, 09:47:16 PM »
Kraft are a heartless company they still put Cadbury on the bars but have taken down all the Cadbury signs in the working factory its all mondelez the,ve given the workers letters to ask them to report their fellow workers its such a shame what they have done to Cadbury my dads worked there years and he worries what Kraft will do with the pensions in the future !

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy