Author Topic: RICHARDS OF ASTON PICTURE  (Read 7273 times)

TPT.50

Re: RICHARDS OF ASTON PICTURE
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2017, 08:26:13 AM »

Lenbrum,  could you PM me as I don't usually give personal info on-line?

Regards,     Tony.

townie

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2017, 10:17:13 AM »

TPT.50 I will have a look to see if I can find a photo your grandfathers shop Marriotts. What road was it in?

townie
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

TPT.50

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2017, 08:07:19 AM »

Hi, I believe it was on Pugh Road,  BUT,  mom's now in a care home so details are sketchy, to say the least,  good luck in your quest, I have always failed to get even a photo of Pugh Road itself,  so even a picture of the road in general would be fantastic,

Regards,       Tony.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2017, 12:02:50 PM »
Tony

After doing a quick search of my photos I was unable to locate any of Pugh Rd, though I was able to confirm the location of 17 Pugh Road listed to Mr Joseph Marriot until around 1949/50 when ownership changed to Mrs Phyllis Marriot. See the attached map for exact location and if I come across a photo then I will post it for you.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

TPT.50

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2017, 06:38:22 AM »

Hi Phil,  that's great,  Phyllis was my grandmother, (mom's mom) but I'm slightly confused as I have never heard of a Joe in our family,  the only thing I can imagine is that it was my nan's dad,     my dad's not with us anymore and mom is in a residential care home suffering with dementia so unless she can recall the name (Joe)  in one of her "flashbacks" I'm stumped, UNLESS my elder sister can recall the name, hopefully I'll be talking with her tomorrow or Thursday, I'll keep you up to date should anything come to light,

Thanks Again Phil,  your work is greatly appreciated,       Tony.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2017, 11:44:37 AM »
Tony

Don't forget it was quite common for people that didn't like their Christian name to use another, the full listing for the shop was Jsph Fras Marriot, which I assume was Joseph Francis Marriot. So perhaps your great granddad was known by his middle name or even used the name Frank? By the way according to the listings he took over the shop in 1939 which would have been  1938 in reality as the listings were printed the year later.

Phil died in 2020. RIP.

TPT.50

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2017, 07:28:23 AM »

Phil,   you're bang on the nail,  Frank was my granddad and as you rightly pointed out he went by his middle name rather than Joseph, no wonder I was clueless,   I really can't thank you enough, I've decided I'm going to take up where I left off regarding family history (not with much success)

Again Thank-You for your invaluable help,  Regards,      Tony.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2017, 11:33:28 AM »
Tony

Only glad the forum could help you out in some small way.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Janz23

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2017, 03:26:38 AM »
Mum always went to Thompsons for all her meat. I lived in Park St...Pat and Dave Harris were my mum and dad..

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy