Author Topic: Bell Heath camp school  (Read 1414 times)

padgo

Bell Heath camp school
« on: September 30, 2014, 11:52:29 AM »
Does anyone remember Bell Heath camp school at Belbroughton Worcs.  We went there from Summer Lane school for 2 weeks in the early 1950s.  Numerous organised walks and a tuck shop just outside the gate.  Great fun for us being in our early teens.  Dave.

Ray Harrison

Re: Bell Heath camp school
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 01:24:00 PM »
I was only talking to my wife about that camp that we went to as we went through Bellbroughton  the other day ,It only about 5 min , from where we live now but could not find it ,only to be expected they were wooden hut over 50 years ago . It must have been 1960?, Very basic ,cross country runs . Trees and grass . we got in trouble a few times and a couple of lads ran off back home on the bus. I think it was mainly open to kids who never had holidays but me and my mate Fred got in to make numbers up. Yes it was good fun .
BUD

padgo

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 02:08:41 PM »
Yes we had 1 lad run off home, their were numerous fights but once the teachers found out they were made to finish it off with boxing gloves on.The head teacher was a Mr Dowling.  Dave

terry edwards

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2021, 08:33:39 PM »
i was at bell heath camp school from charles arther st school 1964.two and half weeks for just over a pound