Author Topic: Larches passage from Highgate rd end.  (Read 8298 times)

Suemos

Re: Larches passage from Highgate rd end.
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2019, 08:56:36 PM »
Hi Phil i lived in the bottom one with an overgrown back garden and a veranda on the front. I was only 10 when we left in 1970/71 and moved to chelmsley wood. My mom's sister Christine salt married Michael Jones who lived further down road on the same side of the road his mom and dad were Hilda and Stan Jones and had brother's called roy, Terry and Mark and a sister called wendy. We ended up back to back again when we moved but with long gardens at the back this time .

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2019, 09:07:12 PM »
Hi Sue

Which one did you live bottom right or bottom left (126 or 128) my grandmother lived in 128 and my aunt in 126. I knew the Jones family well they only lived a couple of doors away from my gran when she lived at number 17 before she moved over the road.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Suemos

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2019, 09:13:47 PM »
Looking out from inside it would have been bottom left can' t remember the numbers but as you went in the door the bathroom as i remember was on the left and the living room with like a glass frosted panels running along the hall way and the bedrooms looked over the back garden.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2019, 09:51:14 PM »
Sue

That was the one (128) that my grandmother and two of my uncles lived in not long after you left in 1971,  tragically they all died there all within a year or so of each other. The one uncle under 50 and the other under 40, the Grandmother was pushing 90 bless her. The maisonettes are the only original part of Larches Street left, but they weren't original really as they were built in the 50's. I can remember playing on the bombsite as a kid that was there before the maisonettes.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Suemos

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2019, 10:15:39 PM »
Phil

Aww bless them... I remember playing  in the empty houses opposite but further down where I used to live in the back to back house running between the fire escapes in the attics before they were knocked down and then losing a few wellies on the building sites after in the mud with my two brothers....memories  :)  health and safety would have a field day now .

IanW

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2022, 10:37:28 PM »
Do any of you wonderful experts on Larches Passage recall a furniture factory C.Walters and Company that was, as I recall my parent's description, "round the back of Larches Passage"? I have vague childhood memories of visiting in the 1960's, driving in from Hall Green along Ladypool Road. Charles Walters was my Gran-ma's brother.
If anyone can locate it on an old A-Z or map and share, I'd be very grateful.
Cheers,
Ian

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy