Author Topic: Childhood obesity? Are we doing enough?  (Read 1897 times)

cmuzpt

Childhood obesity? Are we doing enough?
« on: November 17, 2014, 03:41:59 PM »
The news this week has suggested that obesity is on the increase so much that under 25 year olds are now candidates to have weight loss surgery (have their stomach staples to physically reduce the amount they can eat). This used to be something we would see on the discovery channel, with some guy who is 40 stone struggling to move around in the middle of America somewhere. But now it's all over the UK, with Birmingham at the top of the rankings for obesity in England.  Poor eating habits and lack of physical activity are the to blame for the increasing problem. My company Body Transformation always has an interest in weight loss related topics. So we ask the questions;  Are we doing enough to keep our children's weight down? How many times a week do your children take part in exercise?  Are children's diets healthy enough? What can be done to help this problem?

Pandora

Re: Childhood obesity? Are we doing enough?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 04:58:15 PM »
The era of fast food ! Both at lunch times and at home  Plus X and computer  games and no excercise.  No more pots of wholesome home cooked foods   This "May" be due to both parents working outside .   In todays world almost every home  requires  both parents to  work.

roy one

• Global Moderator
Re: Childhood obesity? Are we doing enough?
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 05:11:36 PM »
The era of fast food ! Both at lunch times and at home  Plus X and computer  games and no excercise

three years ago I was like a strip of wind just over 8 stone im 5foot 9 tall thick set  and its took me three years to get to 11 stone  cream cakes chips meat pies  you name it I got it down my neck  two or three takeaways per week  I was trying to get to 12 stone  but it never happened so im one lucky chap eat what I like  im just 11 stone and im good

but I do see young folk getting off the bus and in the cake shop or café to fill there face
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy