Author Topic: No Go Zone!!!!!!  (Read 33769 times)

townie

Re: No Go Zone!!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2015, 01:48:32 PM »
One for you here Roy one
I was born in Birmingham in the early 70's and I lived there up until 1981 when my parents and I moved to Ireland.  We used to live in Wylde Green but moved to Alum Rock in the mid 70's until we left for Ireland in 81.  I was only a kid back then but I remember that the area was starting to change.  We used to live on Alderson Road in Alum Rock.  I hear Alum Rock is a rough place now, but I'd like to go back and show my wife where I grew up.
Is it safe to walk there during the day?  I can imagine it's not safe at night anymore.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

trapio

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2015, 02:08:56 PM »
This nothing more nor less than a case of TWO HYPER EXTREMISTS / LIARS:

A RANK STUPID YANK

An American terrorism commentator has apologised for describing Birmingham as a "Muslim-only city" where non-Muslims "don't go" during a Fox News interview.

Mr Emerson, who founded a group called The Investigative Project on Terrorism, was giving his perspective on the terror attacks in France to Fox presenter Jeanine Pirro.

He later issued an apology for his "terrible error".

and,

THE PC WIMP OF THE YEAR

Birmingham City Councillor James McKay said: "We are amazingly diverse, and that's one of the things that makes us brilliant

This from council that has over 20 schools where NOBODY speaks English as first language – nor can most pupils communicate with each other.

He has failed to apologise

nuf sed
Integrity is non negotiable

blane

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2015, 02:10:31 PM »
I visit a club in Adderley Rd. twice a week,have done for the past 30 years,it's no different to other parts of Birmingham with a high proportion of ethnic races i.e. Pakistanis.Poles,West Indians,East Indians,Irish etc. Without a doubt Birmingham is a very Cosmopolitan place.

townie

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2015, 02:15:55 PM »
Are we going off topic. Its about NO GO Zones I had a friend who was Indian lived at the top of Alum Rock. He once told me he had to move because he and his family didn't feel safe.   

planetmalc

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2015, 03:59:35 PM »
There have always been dodgy areas in Birmingham, and I think it's got worse over time, but there's still enough in the rest of the city to take our minds off it. O0     
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

townie

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2015, 05:47:06 PM »
I'll tell you what royone  I will meet you sometime in February at the gate Saltley about 11. o'clock. You walk up Alum Rock road and I will apologise for all my comments.   

pickard.r

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2015, 06:37:41 PM »
There Is no doubt that there are SOME areas of Brum that I would be very weary to walk or even drive through but, this guy,  was saying that the WHOLE of Birmingham was a no go zone for non Muslims and not just certain areas......
   There are Cities and Towns all over the world with "dodgy" areas that could be called no go zones for all types of reasons  and I'm sure America has more than Its' fair share but to brand Birmingham as a TOTAL no go zone Is complete [censored]****s.........

Bobby
You can lead a horse to water but, a pencil must be lead.

Anne W

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2015, 07:05:04 PM »
Two years ago, on boxing day, my husband dropped his dentures on the bathroom floor and they broke in half. He had just come out of hospital after a major operation, he was devastated. Said he couldn't face anyone and there was no way he could eat. I went on the internet and contacted an Asian gentleman who said he was prepared to open his establishment to repair them. This was on The Coventry Road at Small Heath, we got there and were told it would take an hour. So we went across the road to a coffee house, we truly were the only white people in the area, we had no animosity shown towards us, I think some people were intrigued as to why we were there but am eternally grateful  that they helped us in our hour of need.

page

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2015, 11:17:17 AM »
No i would not walk anywhere around there at night, i used to live a couple of miles from there so i know what it like, last time i was there about eight years ago i had the car scratched all down the side, that was in the day. Also there were signs up no whites . The Rock is not for whites >:(

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2015, 11:23:18 AM »
Page

Are you saying that the many hundreds of white people that still live in the Alum Rock - Saltley area remain behind locked doors at night and pretend that they are not there?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

townie

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2015, 04:42:49 PM »
Wasn't it once on central news showing these signs no whites.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy