Author Topic: Ironmongers on corner of Medlicott /Roderick Rd Sparkbrook?  (Read 1334 times)

tali

Ironmongers on corner of Medlicott /Roderick Rd Sparkbrook?
« on: February 15, 2008, 07:25:08 PM »
Anyone recall the Ironmongers on corner of Medlicott /Roderick Rd Sparkbrook?Any info /history would be appreciated
"I hear much support for the monarchy.I hear the Union Jack's to remain .I see Namatjira in custody.I see Truganini's in chains"

Phil

• Global Moderator
Re: Ironmongers on corner of Medlicott /Roderick Rd Sparkbrook?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 10:09:14 AM »
tali

when was this ironmongers shop there, I always use this stretch of Medlicott Rd as a shortcut between Highgate Rd and Warwick Rd in the rush hours and I cant remember it at all.

Phil
Make Love Not War

Phil

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 02:15:36 PM »
Tali

The earliest reference I can find to this Hardware shop at 120 Medlicott Rd in the Kellyís Trade directories that I have is in the 1903 directory and it was then owned by Mr J.J. Pass. The next one I have is 1913 and it is owned by a Mr W.A. Howard, and the final directory I have is 1946 and it is owned by Mr F.Robinson.

The other directories I have are too early, they donít even list Medlicott Rd, I hope this has been of some help.

Phil
Make Love Not War

tali

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 10:04:22 PM »
Tali

The earliest reference I can find to this Hardware shop at 120 Medlicott Rd in the Kellyís Trade directories that I have is in the 1903 directory and it was then owned by Mr J.J. Pass. The next one I have is 1913 and it is owned by a Mr W.A. Howard, and the final directory I have is 1946 and it is owned by Mr F.Robinson.

The other directories I have are too early, they donít even list Medlicott Rd, I hope this has been of some help.

Phil

Thanks Phil - yup that was the one i was on about - remember in mid 70s it was not open - so was curious to find when it stopped trading
"I hear much support for the monarchy.I hear the Union Jack's to remain .I see Namatjira in custody.I see Truganini's in chains"