Author Topic: Harry Lucas School  (Read 10066 times)

Peg Monkey

Re: Harry Lucas School
« Reply #121 on: July 25, 2019, 04:55:34 AM »
I enjoyed art but I knew there was no point in expending time on obtaining a CSE, there was no way it was going to help me get a job, but as I enjoyed the subject I (mistakenly) carried on with it, I should also have dropped woodwork and focussed on maths which I was rubbish at. So in the 21st century can images produced with the aid of a computer be art, well, if you take the liberal view art should have no boundaries then Yes.
The creator of the attached image, when it was finished, was in a quandary -  out of choice he would have left his work untitled preferring not to influence the viewer by imposing a preconcieved notion, preferring instead to give him/her complete freedom to view the work and make there own interpretation, in the final outcome he decided it was the lesser of the evlls to give it the title The Journey as to leave it untitled risked casting it into obscurity, as there would be no way of making reference to it - wow! Never realised art could go so deep!
Peg.

Peg Monkey

Re: Harry Lucas School
« Reply #122 on: July 29, 2019, 06:17:47 AM »
I wonder how much of the school was recycled after closure in 1969? Most schools would probably have had already what they needed so I'm guessing anything useful was sold off, you see the odd example of desks that were in use at that time on Bargain Hunt and other antique programmes.
So nearly all the school must have ended up in a skip - perhaps even the film masterpiece The Bicycle Thief that I keep asking about from time to time.
Peg.