Author Topic: Great Colmore Row  (Read 4762 times)

bobx

Re: Great Colmore Row
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2018, 05:43:06 AM »
Hiya Phil,
Did you get my reply about Latimer Street?
I was going to send you a personal message but I can't find a ''To'' box.
Thanks
Bobx

Phil

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2018, 09:15:02 AM »
Hi Bob

I haven't forgot you and I'm still looking for a photo of number 90 Latimer Street, as I'm sure I have got one somewhere. In fact I know I posted a copy of it in the last couple of years only I am not sure if it was here or somewhere else. Just hang on a little while longer while I keep looking.

As for the messaging system it will become available to you after you have made 5 posts to the forum.
Make Love Not War

Phil

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2018, 10:19:22 AM »
Bob

Sorry I have been unable to locate the photo of the junction of Great Colmore Street and Latimer Street which showed your house. I haven't a clue what's happened to it, I must have deleted it in error.

The nearest I have been able to get to your house is an image of the Colmore Arms which at one time was only a few doors away from your house.

I've also added a street plan showing the location of your house, along with a photo of Latimer Street in 1961 and a photo of The Colwyn pub across the road from your house.
Make Love Not War

bobx

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2018, 10:05:20 PM »
Hiya PhilIt's great to see some old photos of that area. I've got a photo of my brother and I outside our house in a toy car, I will post it when I sort it out, is that okay?Thanks Bob.

bobx

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2018, 10:32:12 PM »
Hiya Phil, was there ever a school called Bristol Street School around the Latimer Street area?Thanks Bob

astoness

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2018, 10:38:14 PM »
Hiya Phil, was there ever a school called Bristol Street School around the Latimer Street area?Thanks Bob

i would love to see that photo bob

lyn

astoness

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2018, 10:42:00 PM »

Phil

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2018, 09:56:43 AM »
Hi Bob

Sorry I must have missed this post, as Lyn  confirms there was indeed a school on Bristol Street that backed on to Bell Barn Road known as Bristol Street School.
Make Love Not War

bobx

« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2018, 05:33:23 PM »
BRILLIANT,    I knew I went to school there, I was begining to think I went somewhere else.THANKS  Lyn and thanks PHIL.
BOB