Author Topic: Outdoor paddling pool  (Read 3013 times)

joyful

Outdoor paddling pool
« on: April 02, 2015, 10:14:45 PM »
Can anyone tell me the name of the park, around the Balsall heath area in the 1970's, that had an outdoor paddling pool?  i can remember it empty of water as a huge bright blue area with built in shapes.  I can't remember the name of the park  :( :( :(  it's very frustrating!!! Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks  :D

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Outdoor paddling pool
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 09:03:27 AM »
joyful

Cannon Hill had a paddling pool, but I fear that was closed by the 70's and it was never bright blue with clear water, more a murky grey.  You must mean Small Heath Park the floor of the pool there was blue. The first photo is Cannon Hill the second is Small Heath
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

joyful

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 09:34:34 AM »
Thank you Phil!

The picture of the pool doesn't look familiar but as I say I can only remember it empty and climbing on the shapes that were inbuilt.

Thanks for taking the time to reply  :)

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 09:42:12 AM »
Joyful

Perhaps these two of Small Heath Park might give you a better idea?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Suzylee68

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2021, 07:53:41 PM »
There used to be an outdoor paddling pool in sparkhill park , I remember going in the 1970's :)

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2021, 09:23:33 PM »
 Suzylee68 well come to the forum 

yes you are right  spark hill park had a paddling pool in the 1950s 
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

frederick

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2021, 11:36:47 AM »
Suzylee68,
My cousin and me we used to sail our boats on that pool.     O0
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Seabrook Bred

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2021, 10:37:04 PM »
I remember the park keeper at Sparkhill Park in the early '60s. His name was Norman and we used to play him up. We were about 15 at the time.

One evening he kicked us off the swings as he was about to chain them up for the evening. It was a big thick chain. My mate told him he would bite through the chain and get the swings going again and Norman said " You do and you'll get a £10 fine". I don't think he'd thought it through. My mate retained all of his teeth and no fine was forthcoming.

The joys of youth!

Hi De Hi

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2021, 11:44:45 AM »
Can anyone tell me the name of the park, around the Balsall heath area in the 1970's, that had an outdoor paddling pool?  i can remember it empty of water as a huge bright blue area with built in shapes.  I can't remember the name of the park  :( :( :(  it's very frustrating!!! Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks  :D

IIRC Balsall heath park had a small pool for a while. Sparkhill park had a much bigger one (It was deep enough to swim in) and a smaller one up by the library.  Small Heath park had a lido.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy