Author Topic: born in brum where are you now?  (Read 28609 times)

townie

Re: born in brum where are you now?
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2015, 04:29:25 PM »
Lorz

I don't think I have ever felt scared to walk anywhere in this country let alone Birmingham solely because the area was mostly inhabited by immigrants. Although there are certain high crime areas that I would avoid if possible.

I lived in a high density immigrant area until I married and moved away. I moved because the area was classed as a slum and I wanted to better myself. Thousands of other Brummies did the same, and because the properties were cheap or owned by the council they were soon taken by immigrants. The immigrants didn't push us out, we moved out and let them in.

As for the average age on this forum, well I think most (not all) are of pensionable age or near to it.

Try walking up Alum Rock of a night. Birmingham council decided to divert the 55 bus and I was told that the 14 bus now has only Asian drivers. A white friend of mine used to live in Alum Rock he had a good job so no need to move to better himself. He moved because every house in his street was occupied by Asians, He told me that his children were the only 2 or 2 of a few white kids in the whole school not the class. That's what I call being driven out. 
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2015, 05:40:44 PM »
I suppose all the white people still living in the Saltley area of Alum Rock Rd are too scared to go out at night. I have and would walk round there at night. People shouldn't believe all that the media tells them. Do you read of more white people being attacked around there than anywhere else?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2015, 05:56:09 PM »
phil iv said it before and ill say it now I have no fear of walking round any part of Birmingham at any time night or day and like iv said last year went to see a show in brum but could not find my way in to the car park a group of young blacks stood on the corner and I just said  can you help us out please lads I'm a bit lost can not find the door to the car park  not only did they tell me the way they showed me  if you go looking for trouble you will find it  and it also depends on the way you treat folk
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

townie

« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2015, 06:07:27 PM »
I suppose all the white people still living in the Saltley area of Alum Rock Rd are too scared to go out at night. I have and would walk round there at night. People shouldn't believe all that the media tells them. Do you read of more white people being attacked around there than anywhere else?

No you don't because there's no white people left down there.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2015, 10:28:04 PM »

And the last time you was in Saltley was? Myself it was four weeks ago, admittedly the place is not overflowing with white people but there are still quite a few.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

MWS

« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2015, 11:09:37 PM »

I live in Alum Rock, I don't have any problems. My brother lives in Alum Rock and works by the viaduct. He walks up Alum Rock Road every night without a problem.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Actually that's not entirely true, I have had trouble and that was when some white car thief crashed his stolen car into mine.

LORZ

« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2015, 07:13:45 AM »
Hi guys,

Yep it sounds as if we are all of a similar age, I cannot believe I am 63, apart from physically, mentally I still think more or less the same as I always had.  Its great to be able to chat with you all, my aunt Joan moved to Dorset she and my uncle loved it there, they had a business called Harbour View, they moved out here about 18-20 years ago, sadly my uncle has passed, but my aunt is still going strong.  My family lived at 20 Waverley Road, until I was about 10ish I think then we oved to Sheldon, my best friend Pat who I have not been able to locate lived opposite, her house well all on the side, have all gone long ago, I often wonder where she is now.  I remember Tennyson Road well, I would not want to move back there, but still have happy memories of my childhood there.

Hope every one is keeping well, we are into spring here so all the wild flowers are popping their heads up, I wish I had come out here a lot sooner.
Lorraine

townie

« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2015, 09:38:58 AM »
I live in Alum Rock, I don't have any problems. My brother lives in Alum Rock and works by the viaduct. He walks up Alum Rock Road every night without a problem.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Actually that's not entirely true, I have had trouble and that was when some white car thief crashed his stolen car into mine.

No obviously I don't know what I am talking about. But I can read and listen to people from Brum that tell me what its really like or should I tell them they are lying. 

townie

« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2015, 09:44:44 AM »

And the last time you was in Saltley was? Myself it was four weeks ago, admittedly the place is not overflowing with white people but there are still quite a few.

Apart from white kids crashing stolen cars why don't you move back there?

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2015, 09:51:01 AM »
Apart from white kids crashing stolen cars why don't you move back there?

I have never lived in Saltley, and no matter what the ethnic mix it is still pretty much of a slum in certain areas. I live where I live now because I chose to better myself. Why would I ever want to return to somewhere I left nearly 50 years ago?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

townie

« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2015, 09:58:32 AM »

I have never lived in Saltley, and no matter what the ethnic mix it is still pretty much of a slum in certain areas. I live where I live now because I chose to better myself. Why would I ever want to return to somewhere I left nearly 50 years ago?

Given the choice of bettering yourself would you move to Alum Rock, Saltley if not why not? We have members on here who say its safe. 

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy