Author Topic: born in brum where are you now?  (Read 28612 times)

roy one

• Global Moderator
Re: born in brum where are you now?
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2015, 10:06:46 AM »
if I was homeless and needed a roof over my head for my family and this was the only choice I had then yes I would live there and that's whats its about choice the folk that live in that part of brum live there by choice I moved out of brum by choice
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

townie

« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2015, 10:14:55 AM »
So what's wrong with Birmingham ie Alum Rock, Saltley? Why don't you move to these areas? Let me ask you a question do you know any white person who would give up their home to move to Alum Rock or Saltley?   
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

LORZ

« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2015, 11:12:33 AM »
Townie, I don't know what your beef is, I don't think any of us were saying these areas and yes, my mom had a shop on Alum Rock Road, so I do know what I am talking about, we were simply having a chat about the past, and talking about things from our childhood.  B,ham has changed, but we do remember our childhoods, and the fun we had.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2015, 11:13:01 AM »
So what's wrong with Birmingham ie Alum Rock, Saltley? Why don't you move to these areas

that is simple  I wanted to live out in the sticks I wanted fields around me I got fed up with being stuck in traffic folk coming and going all times of the night dogs barking kids playing in the road now I look around I see cows sheep the woods the river the only barking dogs I hear are the fox    and see  the lakes I see the geese coming and going  the down side is rabbits they think my garden is there dinner table and I just grow things for them to eat  but that is our choice some times I hear the steam trains when the wind is blowing the right way

so tell me a place in Alum Rock, Saltley that has got farms and fields around it sheep cows ?

townie

« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2015, 11:24:33 AM »
My beef is as you put it. Is people like you who say I remember Tennyson Road well, I would not want to move back there, why not?   

townie

« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2015, 11:31:44 AM »
So what's wrong with Birmingham ie Alum Rock, Saltley? Why don't you move to these areas

that is simple  I wanted to live out in the sticks I wanted fields around me I got fed up with being stuck in traffic folk coming and going all times of the night dogs barking kids playing in the road now I look around I see cows sheep the woods the river the only barking dogs I hear are the fox    and see  the lakes I see the geese coming and going  the down side is rabbits they think my garden is there dinner table and I just grow things for them to eat  but that is our choice some times I hear the steam trains when the wind is blowing the right way

so tell me a place in Alum Rock, Saltley that has got farms and fields around it sheep cows ?

So you say you have made in your words made a better life for your family. Couldn't you have made it in Birmingham?

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2015, 11:40:46 AM »
I don't think I have ever said that I miss living in Nechells & Duddeston. Who among us would want to go back to 7 of us living in a one down and two up back to back with no indoor plumbing except 1 cold water tap and shared toilets up the back court. It was when these numbers went up to 9 that I decided it was time to make my own way in life.

The only thing that could be said for living in a slum was it was the community feeling and friendship. So why would I want to leave living in a nice quiet suburban area in a nice house with an extensive garden that I worked hard to obtain to return to an inner city area with all it's hustle and bustle?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2015, 11:46:32 AM »
no I did not say So you say you have made in your words made a better life for your family

the choice was not made by me the choice was made by my wife she fell in love with the place that we moved to and I must admit I like the place to

but townie its becoming clear to me that you have got a down on this part of Birmingham or is the folk that live there  that's for you to know  if I had the need or the will to move back to brum I could but what part of brum I do not know

townie

« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2015, 11:57:35 AM »
no I did not say So you say you have made in your words made a better life for your family

the choice was not made by me the choice was made by my wife she fell in love with the place that we moved to and I must admit I like the place to

but townie its becoming clear to me that you have got a down on this part of Birmingham or is the folk that live there  that's for you to know  if I had the need or the will to move back to brum I could but what part of brum I do not know

Do you know anything about Alum Rock or Saltley?

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2015, 12:09:42 PM »
Do you know anything about Alum Rock or Saltley?

not has much has you it seems but there again iv not got a down on brum  my eyes are wide open and my mind is not shut

townie

« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2015, 12:34:47 PM »

Don't bother, you are not missing much.

Great quote from a Birmingham forum moderator.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy