Author Topic: born in brum where are you now?  (Read 28599 times)

simon3030

Re: born in brum where are you now?
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2015, 06:32:32 PM »
Born in Showell Green Lane, no.87, opposite the old Women's Hospital, 1955; moved to Ferndale Road, Hall Green around 1963/4; got married, lived in School Road, Moseley, then Middleton Road, Kings Heath, and before moving away, Blenheim Road, Moseley.
Live in a  on North Bucks now, been here 18 years...never thought we'd stay; considered moving back a couple of years ago, but the city has changed, certainly the areas we used to live in...and not always for the better...
Still have friends and family in Birmingham, so there quite a lot...

Susie Young

« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2015, 08:44:27 PM »
Born in Aston
Moved to Pype  Hayes
Yardley Wood
Shirley
Now in Northamptonshire.

1953 to  now.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2015, 09:27:03 AM »
born in loveday street Birmingham spent most of my young life in b/heath lived in northfirld  kingsheath shortheath then went on a trip to see how other folk lived (m.o.d) then moved back to Birmingham  then decided that I would like to live out in the sticks so moved to stourpoort  so now I have no street lights no bus serves my nearest shop is about a mile away (arleykings)  no slamming of car doors in the night   no fighting in the road out side no music that I do not understand no yapping dogs can sleep with my windows open wake up to birds singing sheep in the fields  cows and the smell of grass  look across the fields and see the mist on the lakes  see the rabbits play on my garden fox with her cubs  and a few deer now and then
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Snooks

« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2015, 09:34:43 AM »
I resonate with that Roy!  :)   I have lived longer in the countryside than in the town. I wouldn't want to change now.   ???  The sea is just fifteen minutes away, Exmoor is on the doorstep and lots of beautiful countryside.  8)  The nearest bus service is a mile away and only runs once an hour in the daytime. The service stops at 6:00pm. I enjoy walking the dog across the fields and sometimes the cat comes, too!  8)
I still have friends in Brum and can't believe how much it's changed, especially where I used to live in Melville Road, Edgbaston, right on the corner by St. Augustines Church just off the Hagley Road. I do come back and enjoy my time there but I'm always glad to get back to Devon.  :)
Onwards and upwards!

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2015, 10:09:42 AM »
wife and i some times walk in to stourport we cut across the fields down by the river Severn it takes us about an hour  but we do get a bus back part of the way  the number three  that takes us to the king from then its on foot job iv been asked time and time again why did i move from brum   but thats a diffrent story   
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Bannion

« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2015, 10:14:36 AM »
I have lived here in Sussex far longer than I lived in Yardley Wood,  Digbeth ,Ladywood and Sheldon combined.  It was the best thing for my whole family and I when we moved here in 1975.
I now have far better lifestyle that I would not have had if I had remained in the grime and dank of Brum.  It would never occur to me to move back for here I have green fields at the end of my road and a fresh sea air drafting off the English Channel that we overlook.from our home. 
Once I believed nothing could compete with Brum but now I have a location that surpasses it by far.

BRUMMIE JOHN

« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2015, 08:49:49 AM »
HELLO BORN AT HOME IN ARKLEY ROAD HALL GREEN 1947 WENT TO PITMASTON INFANT JUNIORS THEN CHILCOTE AND WAVERLY GRAMMER WORKED FOR WILLIAMS FURNITURE IN DIFFERENT SHOPS AROUND BIRMINGHAM USED TO DRINK IN THE GOLDEN ARROW AND THE DOLPHIN BOTH GONE I BELIEVE PLUS MANY MORE NOW LIVING IN SWANSEA
BRUMMIE JOHN

frederick

« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2015, 09:46:07 AM »
B John,
How long have you been living in Swansea.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Snooks

« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2015, 02:20:52 PM »
I have a lot of family in Swansea as my family is Welsh although I was born and bred in Birmingham.Good to meet an honorary Welshman! LOL.
Onwards and upwards!

BRUMMIE JOHN

« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2015, 04:31:55 PM »
I HAVE LIVED IN SWANSEA FOR CLOSE ON 30 YEARS BUT STILL CANNOT SPEAK THE LANGUAGE I LIVE A 15 MINUTE DRIVE FROM THE MUMBLES AND A LITTLE BIT FURTHER ON IS THE GOWER COAST I WOULDN,T SWAP NOW FOR BRUM ALTHOUGH I DO MISS M&B AND ANSELLS
BRUMMIE JOHN

frederick

« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2015, 05:08:21 PM »
B John,
You can get Welsh brewers beers all over Wales which is M&B's, the one I like is Worthington best bitter and Bass.

I've been living in Pembrokeshire for over 30 years. Much better than any city as cities are one big rat race, they are OK for a day out and a look round the shops.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy